Sink Update #6

It's a SINK! Well, it's always been a sink, but now it's got a fully functional faucet too. :o)


I did go get shorter supply lines. To save myself an extra trip to town, I got two 16" ones and one 12" one, just in case my measuring was a bit off and 12" was going to be too short. Turns out 12" was just right. I carefully tightened things down to 1/4 to 1/2 turn past finger tight. Turned on the water. No drips. Flushed the faucet on full power. No drips. Connected the sprayer and ran it a bit. No drips. YAY!

Now, one thing I did notice during this whole experience....the water shut off valves don't really completely shut off the water. Water welled up at the top of the pipe. It didn't spill over, but it obviously was still seeping through the closed valve. So eventually I'll end up putting in new shutoff valves. I think I'll pick the ball valve ones, not the screw valve ones, like I have now. But that's a project for a few years from now and possibly for a professional since my soldering skills are waaaaaaay rusty. I don't think I've soldered anything in 20 years.

Next on the list of things to do:
I really need to clean the kitchen up. I've got a nice spread of tools, boxes, detritus and dirty dishes. I did get the carpets cleaned on Friday night. Did the first load of laundry while I went to Lowe's this morning. I guess I could start in on the garage after I clean up the kitchen mess. I really am not particularly motivated to clean/organize stuff today. I don't know that I want to do anything else in particular, just don't wanna clean up either.

Maybe I'll start with a little lunch first and see what that leads to.

Comments

Twitchh said…
Excellent -- Yayyyy, Mary!

Congrats!! :-)
Ruby Louise said…
Thanks, Deb! The flowerboxes did turn out pretty well, didn't they. :o)

Come on down and visit. I haven't even started looking at antique shop stuff yet. I've seen a couple signs on the interstate, but that's it. One of these weekends when my house isn't trying to do something bad to itself....

Popular Posts