Just another Saturday at the home place....

And I spent the vast majority of it outside. Started out by getting up late and then got ready to head to town at a leisurely pace. As a result, I got to the farmer's market about 11am. Zooomed to Lowe's after that to try one last kind of wrench to get teh $*@#^$*&^% oil filter off the mower. Since Bob's House of Honda is right next door and they were having a tent sale, I stopped by there too just in case they had gloves my size. Guess what?! They did! Mitch has finally gotten me my Christmas present from two years ago. :o)

Get back to the home place. Attack oil filter problem with new wrench. Nada. Didn't budge the stupid thing one iota. Dented the side of it a bit. I'll call the dealer on Monday and see if they have any bright ideas. I'm fresh out of solutions. I filled it back up with oil and went on my merry way with the THATCHER.

Wow. Is thatching ever fun! For the first 1/2 hour at least. There was enough crap built up in the lawn that about one circuit of the backyard resulted in having to stop and dig out the grass from the tines. And it only had about 30 pounds of weight on it. Part of the problem is that the bermuda/zoysia grass gets all tangled up. The lawn looks a bit rough now, but I'm sure it'll come around nicely in a few days. I also fertilized the front and side yards, plus the bit of the back yard up by the house. Ain't no way I'm going to push a drop spreader across a lawn that's an acre in area and uphill in most directions.

After the fun and games in the lawn, I washed my car, including the rims. Then figured I ought to rake up any big chunks of thatch/clippings in the back yard and might as well poison more moles too. Didn't need to rake much. Found a really soft spot which was mostly weeds, so I ripped them up. Discovered mole tunnel underneath. Mole tunnel system is much more extensive than I thought. Wish I could find the old mole snap traps. I baited a whole bunch.

All-in-all, I spent about six hours doing manual labor in the yard. I think I'm entitled to sit on my behind tonight and watch The Third Man on TCM.

Sunday Sunday Sunday!
Tomorrow I need to bake some cookies for work. I received a specific request for chocolate chip. It was pointed out that while ALL of my cookies were very good, what this person really wanted was some of my chocolate chip cookies.

I'm also going to see Jet Li's Fearless at the local theater. Mitch's showing is about an hour later than mine, but that's the closest we could get things to work out. I probably should do some laundry tomorrow and all of those routine household chores. Heck, I have to pay bills too. Don't you just love being a grown-up?

Today's Discovery!
I happened to stop by Kroger today to pick up some odds and ends. I didn't feel like going all the way in to Wal-Mart. I happened to spot Amy's Vegetable Lasagna in a freezer endcap. They have a nice array of Amy's products, including tamale pie, cheese enchilada dinner, serveral pot pies and both cheese and spinach pizzas. There were also several Cedar Lane frozen dinners (veggie enchiladas and eggplant parmesan are two I remember). Why this stuff isn't with the Morningstar Farms and Boca vegetarian products, I don't know. That's probably why/how I missed it the first time.

About.com
There is currently no guide for the knitting section of about.com. I'm debating applying for the job. I think it would be fun. I need to come up with a writing sample and also an abbreviated/relevant resume. Worst that could happen is that I don't get it, right?

Movie Time!
Have a good night!

Comments

Twitchh said…
Way to go, Mary! Congrats on finally getting to play with the thatcher! (Are you going to name it "Margaret"? (*duck*!) :o)

Guess what?!? I made a specific point of looking today because of your mentioning it earlier, and discovered Amy's pizzas here, too! (They were way up in the top shelf, away from the enchiladas and other Amy's stuff.) So I have Amy's pizzas, too, now, "thanks" to you!
Woot! :-)

Glad you had a good day! "See you" tomorrow at the movie! :-)

Mitch

Popular Posts