Dismantling the cardboard cubist sculpture

I got the living room cleaned up a bit more.
Moved out a bunch of flattened boxes into the garage. Eventually it'll actually look neat and tidy. I'm not sure I like how the furniture is arranged right now. It's kind of awkward having the couch not at the same angle as the TV. I need to paint the living room still. I've decided I don't like the green color in there afterall. (Let's not talk about how it's actually two different shades of green, one semi-gloss and one satin. At least they finished painting it like I asked and they didn't get paint on the new carpet.)

The living room is still a bit of a mess though. Part of the problem is the TV cable running through the middle of the room. When I called the cable company and asked them to hook up the TV, they didn't ask me if all the cable outlets were in the right places. They only asked if the cable jack was within 25 feet of the computer. It's either 8 inches or 15 feet away, depending upon if you go through the wall or around it. So the cable installer guy gets here on cable day and tells me he didn't know he had to drop cable from the attic and I'll have to have someone else come back and do that because he wasn't told it was that kind of install. I'm willing to bet that a second trip out is going to cost me money, so I figure I can deal with that myself. It can't be *that* hard to string a cable down an interior wall, can it? In the meantime, the cable in the living room crosses the room. The TV works. That's all I care about. And I have a nice long length of new cable. :o)

I also tidied up the garage a bit and moved a shelving unit up against the back wall. Now I need to organize the stuff on the shelves so it makes sense to me. Probably ought to re-install the wall-mounted shelving first. The person who installed it didn't get the uprights spaced quite right so the shelves don't fit. Their solution was to just put the shelves on upside down. I think it would have been easier to just re-measure and put the uprights in correctly the second time. Sure would have made the shelves more usable, but what do I know. I'm just a girl, and a blonde one at that.


Another pet!
This is my "pet" garage slug. I've named him Gary. Right now I think he's sleeping because he's got his antennae pulled in (they're at the left end of his body). Gary cleans the grass clippings off my tennis shoes when I leave them in the garage. He also eats dead bugs on the floor. He's quite the handy little critter. He's about three inches long, mostly gray-brown, with some very attractive dark brown spots on his back. I have no idea where he lives during the day. He only comes out to play at night.

Google Maps!

Those of you who have become fans of Google Maps, the blog Google Maps Mania lists a number of neato interactive Google Maps and other Google Map creations. Some of them are pretty cool. I still think the best Google Maps site is a newspaper article with photos of black helicopters from around the world. It prompted me to look up Andrews Air Force Base in Google Map and I found a clear image of a stealth fighter sitting outside. Hee hee!

Comments

Popular Posts