Sink Update #5

The decision was to not bother with the caulk. In examining the design of the faucet, there isn't anything where water goes under the baseplate. It's all carefully contained within some spiffy, shiny pipes. I do, of course, realize this means I will find the caulking gun first thing in the morning, laying by the foot of the bed or some equally obvious place.

The new faucet is installed, but not yet plumbed. The supply lines are a tiny bit long. Ok, one of them is about 6 inches too long. They're the flexible stainless steel lines, but I don't think I need that much excess line and I worry about putting too much strain on the fixture and the connectors. So the plumbing of the faucet will wait for tomorrow. I'll go to Lowe's first thing in the morning and buy one 16" and one 12" supply line and return the two 20" lines I bought. Perhaps by lunchtime I'll have a functional sink again. Pictures will follow.

Garage discovery:
Found the missing kitchen box. I now have my Pyrex mixing bowls, including the one I make pancake batter in (so perhaps I'll have blueberry pancakes tomorrow), and the cast iron chicken fryer I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago. I'd found the lid when I first started unpacking, but was starting to think I'd left the pot itself behind. I was almost certain I'd checked the apartment for overlooked stuff and double checked everything was empty. Now I know I was right. :o)

Comments

Twitchh said…
Yayyyyyyyyy, Mary!!

:o)

Popular Posts