Sink Update #1

I've managed to get everything disconnected, except for removing the cold water line. It's a bad angle and my grip strength is declining right now. Unfortunately the faucet won't come off without removing that line.

New faucet looks pretty spiffy though. It's got a sprayer built into the faucet itself. The "extra" hole in the sink will now be occupied by the soap dispenser which comes with the faucet.

While I'm taking a break and catching the score of the Illini game (33-0 Rutgers wins), I discover that it's thundering outside. This makes it highly unlikely that I'll be doing anything on my roof today. Ordinarily a somewhat short person like myself doesn't need to worry about being struck by lightning. I think that changes a bit when you a) climb up a metal ladder and b) stand on top of a house. DANGIT! And I even bought a new tube of exterior caulk. Grrrrr.

But while I was making my weekly effort to keep the Lowe's Corporation in business (I really ought to buy stock....), I happened to buy some silicone caulk for my shower doors. I observed the other day that the inside of the shower door frame has been caulked in a particularly sloppy manner, complete with hair (not mine) stuck in the caulk. The outside of the door frame is covered with some sort of pre-fab plastic caulk stuff that's supposed to fold over and make a 90 degree seal. They didn't apply it very well though. My guess is that the previous owners had an issue with water escaping the shower. I've seen no evidence that the water escapes at all and I think I can do a nice job of caulking the shower, thus removing the crappy job. (I wouldn't really care, but I have to look at it every single day and it's icky to look at other people's hair stuck in my caulk.)

Comments

Popular Posts