Scooters!! Scooters Scooters Scooters!

Hooray Hooray Hooray!! I have Scooters!!! :o)

Scooters are the version of Cheerios made by the Malt-O-Meal company. They're way cheaper than Cheerios and they taste just as good. Actually, I think they taste *better* than the real Cheerios. I've been eating them for years. I can't find them in locally. WalMart has the Honey-Nut version, but I don't like that flavor at all. They're too sweet and they taste funny. I like the plain ones.

Mitch was kind enough to surprise me with a box full of Scooters. Four huge bags of Scooters! I'll have cereal for a week or 12 now. Thanks, Mitch!

Got your iTV yet?
Watched the Apple Press Conference from yesterday. Steve Jobs rolled out the new iPods, the new iTunes, the new addition to the iTunes store (MOVIES!!!) and then showed the world what's to come next, which is a rarity. In Q1, 2007, Apple will present what is now known as iTV. It's a box with a footprint a bit larger than a CD which will enable users to play iPod/iTunes media on their televisions, including music, movies, podcasts, TV shows...EVERYTHING. It's got 802.11 wireless built-in, Ethernet, USB 2.0, digital TV/audio, component TV and analog audio connectors. Sweet! Too bad for the competition, huh. Oh...wait....there really isn't any competition here. iPod has >75% of the MP3 market and iTunes has >80% of the US legal music downloads. I don't think any other source allows downloads of TV shows besides iTunes. Mr. Jobs and his teams must be feeling pretty darned good right now.

Now, if only they'd produce a SmartPhone or another PDA (since Newton was about 10 years ahead of its time...)

Now, if only we could get Mac to take a bigger bite out of the market share.... Perhaps with the new version of OS X vs. the unimpressive, only marginally "improved" MS Vista the balance will continue to shift. I think what's hurting them a lot right now is price. I don't think they can compete price-wise with the low-end PCs, but then, you *do* get what you pay for....

Speaking of SmartPhones and the like...
My phone needs to be replaced. It's been dropped, banged, whacked and hit too many times by stuff at work, mostly at my old job. The exterior screen has been cracked for over a year. The internal screen has been cracked around the edges for a while. The case has been coming apart for a while. but now it's starting to flake out in terms of performance. I'll answer a call, but not hear anybody even though they're talking. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. Or vice versa. So, time to get a new one.

Now the question is what will the replacement be. I am debating getting a PDA/SmartPhone, like the Treo. I'd like to keep a Palm OS since that's what I'm familiar with. They're a nice chunk of change though and kinda big to be wearing, but it would beat having to carry a phone AND a PDA. Decisions, decisions.... Guess I'll go to the Verizon store this weekend and have a look at what they've got.

Comments

Twitchh said…
Welcome, Dot!

Enjoy! :o)
jason said…
I collect mosquitoes too...just not on purpose :)

And I love those Malto meal knockoffs!
I'm a little more downmarket in my tastes however....I like their Cap'n Crunch knockoff. :)
Ruby Louise said…
I haven't tried the fake Cap'n Crunch. I'll look for it next time I'm on the prowl for a sugar fix.

Popular Posts