Dinner!

Tonight I actually cooked something other than a frozen dinner. (Usually my dinner is oatmeal, cereal or a sandwich.) I made a szechwan "beef" stir-fry. I say "beef" because I used Morningstar Farms Beef Strips which are 100% vegan and mostly made of soy. To me they don't taste like beef, but they're pretty tasty nonetheless. I added a package of frozen veggies (Pepper Stir Fry, which is red, yellow and green bell peppers with onion) and about 1/3 cup of Szechwan stir fry sauce. Heated it all up until steaming and served it over rice. Quite tasty and I've got some yummy leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Now I just need to go make myself a mug of green tea and my dinner will be complete.

Blues Miles
I'm participating in the employee health program at work. I am tracking how much water I drink each day (goal: 64+ oz, how many servings of fruits and veggies I eat (goal: 5+ servings), my food intake and my exercise/activity accomplishments. I need to average 40 "miles" a week in order to reach the 500 "mile" goal for this quarter. If I reach 500 "miles", I get a free day off from work. W00t! So far I'm way behind on the miles for this week. I didnt' eat very many vegetables yesterday and didnt' do any activity. I'll make up for the activity this weekend with some yard work and I'm making a concerted effort to keep up the veggie and water intake.

Around the House
I got my lawn mowed tonight. It's supposed to rain tonight and there's at least a 50% chance of rain every day this weekend. I figured if I didn't do it now, it wouldn't get done until the grass was too long. With any luck it will rain this weekend and then I'll have to stay inside and unpack/organize things. And if it doesn't, I'm going to try and dig the front flower bed I've been planning which will also help control the sidewalk flooding. I'm going to need a LOT of compost/manure to amend the soil. Good thing it's cheap.

Comments

Popular Posts