Accomplishments!


But first, today's household critter photo....
This hairy guy was hanging out on one of my rose bushes. He didn't seem to be eating anything, so I left him be. I have no idea what sort of caterpillar he is or what sort of moth or butterfly he'll become after metamorphosis.

On to the accomplishments!
Firstly, I have assembled the thatcher. I haven't used it yet. Just assembled it. I need to get the old oil filter off the mower and finish up the oil change before I get to use it. I'm getting my hair cut after work tomorrow, but perhaps after that or on Wednesday evening I'll get the lawn thatched. I'd like to get the fertilizer down this weekend and overseed the top of the hill (area around the deck).

At work, I did a very good job of sticking to getting things done despite distrations. Got my VPN login fixed, though I still don't have access to all the secured applications. I'm learning more than I ever wanted to know about ACIP Immunization Recommendations and the reason why they are the way they are, but I've always wanted to know why some vaccines are live and others are killed/inactivated and now I know. Maybe there will be a Trivial Pursuit question about the subject some day.

On the personal front, I walked for a total of 45 minutes today at work, between one break and lunch time. I also ate the lunch I took to work, did not get a soda in the afternoon and restricted myself to a single cookie from the new batch of Snickerdoodles I took to work. I had intended to workout at home after work, but elected to assemble the thatcher instead. I was thinking that working out after work might be a better plan for me, instead of getting up early. However, I realized that I've usually got household/yard chores after work, so it looks like a 5:15-5:30 wake up call from here on out!

Tonight's entertainment:
I'm not really much of a football fan, but one year ago today I made a second trip down to New Orleans for post-Katrina/Rita recovery efforts. I feel somewhat obligated to watch the Saints play their first home game in the newly renovated SuperDome. I saw what it looked like before and the convention center too. It'll be nice to see what it looks like now. I have absolutely no idea who they're playing.

Comments

Popular Posts