TGIF!

It's been a long week it seems, even if it was only 4 workdays.

Today I met the state's health commissioner. When we were introduced he said he'd heard about me. (I hope I didn't make a worried face at that.) He went on to say he was glad I'd come on board and gave me a welcome. He also complimented me on my shirt and said it was a good color for me.

Met some the women who run the nutrition and WIC programs today. Chatted a bit with some other folks in the upstairs half of the office. By the end of the year I ought to be able to remember half their names. There's only about 50 people in the office. I really ought to work on my ability to remember names.

Weekend Plans:
I'd like to say I was going to the lake, river, beach, etc., but, alas, I am not. I could, of course, do that, but I've got a stack of stuff to do at the house. Here's the list of stuff to do (not all of it this weekend):
  1. Re-clean carpets in office and knitting room.
  2. Replace kitchen faucet (the drip started to miss the container I put under there, so I'm just going to fix it). Hopefully this won't take all day on Saturday. Lowe's opens at 6am and I'm hoping to get there about 7am.
  3. Re-caulk plumbing vent pipe flashing.
  4. Bait mice in attic.
  5. Clean bathroom and kitchen (just the usual weekly clean up)
  6. Laundry (and put away clothes)
  7. Re-arrange garage and put shelving units where I want them.
  8. Finish unpacking living room and move boxes to garage.
  9. Unpack office as much as possible and find computer speakers.
  10. Mow entire lawn on Sunday. Should be able to get the back yard to a manageable length this time around.
  11. Wash my car.
  12. Unpack/rearrange guest room.
I know I won't get to it all. I may clean the carpets tonight so they can dry overnight. I don't feel like doing all that much hard work tonight. I'll definitely be going to bed early. It's funny that working 7.5 hours at a desk is wearing me out more than a 12 hour shift hauling around patients who weighed >350 pounds on top of a cot that weighed almost 100 pounds. Who'd have thought that brain work would be physically draining.... Must remember to take my walking shoes to the office (and leave them there) with some socks and go for a walk at lunchtime.

Right now I either hear a movie calling me from the TV (so I can unpack/rearrange the living room) or I hear the steam cleaner calling. I can't decide which.... :o)

Comments

Popular Posts