What a way to start the day!

Climb Mount Nataka!
Is there any better way to start a Sunday morning than with a classic WWII movie? I find it a bit ironic that AMC chose to show Tora! Tora! Tora! early on a bright and sunny Sunday morning. I flipped on the TV for some background noise while cleaning my desk just in time to see the Admiral Kimmel figure out they were under attack. I had a great deal of difficulty in not sitting down to watch it for the umpteenth time.

Tora! Tora! Tora! is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's a simple dramatization of the events leading up to the attack on Pearl Harbor, including the confusion with when the Japanese ultimatum was to be delivered to Washington, the capture of a Japanese sub just outside the harbor prior to the attack and the famous quote attributed to Admiral Yamamoto that the attack had served to "awaken the sleeping giant and fill him with terrible resolve." No extraneous plot lines, no stupid romance stuff thrown in there to make it a chick flick, like they did to Pearl Harbor.

I *want* this T-shirt!
Definitely appropriate garb for my next attempt getting license plates, don't you think?


Headline of the Day So Far:
A damp squib from Apple’s Mr Incredible
It's not very often you see the term "squib" in the common parlance. I can only hope that Mr. Incredible (Steve Jobs) hasn't deformed his barrel.

Comments

Twitchh said…
*So* true! Don't get mad, don't get even -- Just *BLOG* 'em!

Excellent!
:o)

Popular Posts