There He Blows!!!

Wilt, from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, is having a meltdown. He is unable to say the word "no", so ends up doing lots of stuff for other people and not getting to watch the big game on TV like he wanted. So he had a fit when asked one too many times to do something. The episode ended with Bloo tricking Wilt into saying yes again. sigh. Poor Wilt.

The girl who lives next door to Mac has an imaginary friend named Cheese. Cheese got lost and showed up at Mac's house. Yep, that's right. Mac and Cheese. Then Cheese decided to hang out with Bloo. Yep, that's right. Bloo Cheese. Cheese's real person is Louise. Yep, that's right. Cheese Louise. That couldn't have turned out better if they'd planned it like that. :o) Cheese says he likes chocolate milk (he says it a lot, actually), but he's really lactose intolerant.

Today's Kitchen Adventures
I am halfway through making baked beans. I have discovered that I don't have any dry mustard. Will be heading into the store to fix that and get some liquid smoke while I'm at it. And as a treat to me I'm going to buy some extra-firm tofu and grill up some cajun-rub tofu. (Yeah, I know, most of you think that sounds icky, but I think it's yummy. If you don't eat any that just leaves more for me.) I found a recipe for oatmeal toasting bread today on FarmGirl Fare. I may just have to make some of that too, though I may not have quite enough motivation to pull it off.

Okay, so I decided to bake bread afterall. And then I made a horrible discovery.....I have *no* yeast. Mind you, I discovered this about 30 minutes after returning from the grocery store. DOH! The dry ingredients for oatmeal toasting bread are patiently waiting in my big mixing bowl. I'll pick up yeast at the store tomorrow during my lunch break, then bake tomorrow night. So I'll go make a batch of blueberry-oatmeal pancakes now instead. I had "brunch" about 11am (bean burrito). It's time for late lunch/early dinner.

Grocery Store Adventures
The closest grocery store to my house does not carry regular tofu, just silken tofu, which I don't like nearly as much as the regular stuff. Silken tofu is ok in soups, but that's about it. They do, however, have a pretty decent produce section, including fresh herbs and lots of different lettuces (not pre-package) and a NICE cheese section. That particular Kroger, however, does not have much in the way of "health" food though it does sell Amy's cheese enchilada dinners and pizzas. The store closest to work has a whole aisle for the organic, whole grain, "health" food stuff. I don't remember what their tofu or frozen vegetarian food selections were like. I think the produce section was pretty standard, but I didn't look that closely.

Lazy Monday
I'm having a pokey sort of day. There is a Foster's Home marathon on today (or so it appears, being that it's been on for four hours in a row now). If the guys at Pro are running their behinds off today, it is NOT because I'm watching Foster's. That "curse" only worked when I worked there. I hope. Since it's once again a rainy day (and the temp is expected to drop into the 30s by dinner time), I'm spending the day indoors. I have a couple of books to read and lots of things to knit or spin. I just need to pick out what it is I want to do. The temperature has started to drop. It's supposed to get down to freezing tonight. That could make the drive to work tomorrow morning a bit "interesting". Note to self: leave an extra 10 minutes early...

Local Wildlife News
There were six cardinals hanging out eating sunflower seeds this morning. I'm seeing lots of house finches too and a couple of species I don't recognize. More of the birds are using the bird feeder now, instead of just eating the seed off the ground. I haven't seen bluebirds hanging out lately, but since they're mostly bug eaters, that doesn't surprise me. I have two more bird feeders that I can put up. I don't know if I'll put sunflower seed in them too or put a different sort of seed in there, like thistle seed, for the finches. I was planning to put the other feeders up in different places in the yard, but may re-evaluate that decision.

Cricket Census
Found another Cricket #2 last night. We'll see how long this one lasts.

Comments

Popular Posts