Sunday Morning

Today's Entertaining Quote:
There was an interview with Jon Bon Jovi this morning on CBS Sunday Morning. He owns an arena football team. Someone asked him what position he'd play. He replied (laughing), "Quarterback, of course. I'm an egomaniacal leader of men." When asked if that means he can take a hit, he quickly responded "NO!" It was pretty funny. It's nice to see people not take themselves too seriously.

"Good" Debt?
I'm trying to figure out how student loan debt is considered "good". When that payment is taken out of my checking account, I don't see much good about it. I suppose I should get used to it, since I owe 6 figures worth of student loans. I suppose I should have chosen a career with major salary figures, instead of a career that I like. I really don't see how a single person can make their way financially in the world today. I don't have the luxury of pooling savings or splitting expenses like mortgage and utilities. I have absolutely no retirement investments and in theory I'd retire in about 25 years. Needless to say I'm not sure I'll ever actually get the luxury of retirement. I suspect I'll need to work until I die to make ends meet. And here I thought that putting in 12 years into a college education and finally graduating was going to actually help my financial situation improve. So far, there's no significant change.

Comments

Stefaneener said…
this is something my spouse and I talk to our kids about a lot. You have to really do the numbers to see whether financing a college education through loans is a good idea, or if less traditional payment ideas (working at a place that pays for school, going part time, community college for 2 then transferring, going to a "lesser" school, NOT going to grad school unless you get dough to do so from the school. . .) are worth entertaining.

My only satisfaction about grad school #2 for me is that I paid for it all through employee discounts. I certainly am not working in that field.

At least you have a job you love -- and a very funny forum to post about it!

Popular Posts