A Good Bit of Advice

"If you're going to cook food, it's really important that you don't scratch your butt."

I caught that bit of advice when channel surfing past "Real Housewives of Orange County". Slade was trying to explain to his 5 year old son why said son needed to wash his hands again (after washing them just 30 seconds before he scratched his behind). Son's reply was "But it was itchy!" I don't know how Slade kept a mostly straight face while agreeing that his butt probably was itchy and still managed to impress upon his son that he needed to wash his hands again anyway. I'd have been laughing. It was a cute moment, but also a fine opportunity for learning and I think Slade capitalized on that.

Comments

Stefaneener said…
Yeah, that's the kind of conversation we have here a LOT. It is pretty funny.
Ruby Louise said…
Yeah, I remember being on the kid side of conversations like that and being completely bewildered by having to wash *again*. I mean, it's not like I'd been digging in dirt or anything... It's a whole different system of logic, isn't it.

Popular Posts