TA DAAAA!!!!!

I so *totally* rock! The work I have done in the past two weeks was praised by several different people from two different state agencies. *squee*! :o)

This is all wonderful, but we all know the reward for good work, right? Yep, that's it! *MORE* work!! I was going to do most of the work already and only really had just a few extra tasks given to me today. Conveniently, most of the work I need to do depends upon getting a bunch of data sent to me already mostly formatted in a way that I can use. It would be much quicker if I had access to their databases and wrote the queries myself, but I can wait a few days to get the complete dataset I need.

I guess it's a good thing that I love what I do. It's always easier to do lots of work when you think it's really just playing and you can't believe that people will actually *pay* you to play. (Before you ask, I already know that I'm wierd.)

San Quentin is *CLOSED*!
Starting around December 28th, 500 inmates and 6 staff developed gastroenteritis. Yep, you guessed it. NOROVIRUS strikes again! It's not just for cruise ships any more! No visitors, no intake, nothing. Officials expect the facility to remain closed for the next week.

Tonight's CSI quote:
"I'll be back in four weeks. Stop hugging me!" from Grissom after Nick hugged him good-bye and thank him for teaching him so much stuff. What made it really funny was the rather "wet cat", annoyed way in which Grissom said it. Grissom is going on sabbatical. The lab has been speculating that he won't be coming back. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether he does or not.

This week's news flash:
Congress will now work *five* days a week! I guess I can see the appeal of having been in Congress up until now. You didn't have to put in a full week and you could accept whatever "gifts" you wanted to take from whomever you wanted. Heck you could even steal postage! Now that the ethics committee is cracking down on things it kinda takes the fun out of it for the career Congresspersons, don't you think?

Comments

Twitchh said…
Woot! Congrats -- You *ROCK*!

Yayyyyyy!

:-)

Popular Posts