Busy busy!

Friday was a whirlwind day at work, trying to get caught up on work before the weekend. It was a busy day but productive. Still left work late, but only by 5 minutes. I was late because I was backing up the database to CD for offsite storage. I realize that it is unlikely that an asteroid will hit my office building, but why leave things to chance? Always back up your data. (Says the woman who hasn't backed up her home HD in a couple of weeks.... Ok, so I'll do that Monday morning.)

Got home just about the usual time though. Did a wee bit of cleaning since I have a guest this weekend. I put the sheets in the washer before I left for work so I just needed to put them in the dryer when I got home. I even almost got the bed made before my guest arrived. Well, the bottom sheet was on. Sort of. Ok, so it was just two corners. That's kind of halfway. Fortunately my guest got lost on the way so I gained an extra minute or two. If I hadn't had that the bed would have been totally unmade. HORRORS! Yeah, right. Whatever. :o)

It's Mitch!

Anyway, Mitch arrived all the way from Washington state for a visit. We spent today running around town, starting with my routine visits at the library, the farmer's market and the vegetable store (where they also sell fruit and we got bananas and tangelos). With his advice I got a smart phone to replace my beat to heck old LG cell. I now also have a stylish Life is Good purse. I dislike carrying a purse, but sometimes it's hard to not carry one. Like when there's no back pocket in your pants to put your wallet. I long ago quit trying to be "ladylike". I prefer to be self-contained. This has proven to be a great advantage in going through security checkpoints and in not having to keep track of multiple bags and belongings. But this purse is small, sporty and non-traditional. I think it reflects my personality quite nicely.

Anyway, we had lunch at Jason's Deli. Mitch got a chili-cheese baked potato the size of a football. I had tomato-basil soup and a salad. We also picked up a hacksaw so that I can trim the track for the laundry room doors and get them installed eventually. One of us will act like a clamp and the other will saw the track to size. By the time we got back to the house we were both really tired. So we watched a movie, downloaded some stuff for my new phone and ate a frozen pizza for dinner. We'll both sleep well tonight, I'm sure.

Tomorrow we're talking about having breakfast at IHOP, then perhaps heading over to the mall to walk around a bit before taking in a movie. We'll see how early we get out of bed. :o) I'm taking Monday morning off from work, so we'll have breakfast and Mitch will hit the road back to the airport for his flight home.

Comments

Twitchh said…
And good times was had by all!

:o) Yayyy!
Ruby Louise said…
Yes, indeedy! Yay! :o)

Popular Posts