Full Moon!

Look what I saw this morning when I got up! The moon was rising as I drove home tonight. I think I'll be able to get a good night's sleep even if it is a full moon tonight.

Still No Knitting
I did finally steam block my lace scarf, if that counts for anything. It does look a whole lot better now. I had initially just wet-blocked it, but not steamed it. Once I wore it, it curled up. The end result was that it formed a narrow tube about 3 inches across that was 12-18 inches longer than the original scarf. Now I have a scarf that is about 7-8 inches across and isn't a mile long. I don't know how long it will stay that way, but for now its quite nice. I do think I will choose to wear it folded in half with the ends tucked through the loop rather than just winding it around my neck. I think that will help it hold its shape.

My Kiri is sitting forlornly on the table waiting for me to get back to it. I still haven't fixed the error from last week. I think it only needs just 2-3 more repeats before it will be as big as I'd like it. It's not that I'm not motivated to work on it. It's that life has gotten in the way lately. I get the daily stuff like dinner, laundry and blogging done and suddenly it's nearly bedtime or I'm too brain dead to work on it without messing it up. Perhaps next week I'll squeeze in a bit more time. I think I can finish the shawl in the next couple of weeks.

Next I'll hammer out a few more hats for the Dulaan Project. I had knit two hats, but then discovered that the larger of the two fit my nephew Ryan. I just stuck it on his head at my Mom's house to see if it fit. He wore it for a while, then pulled it off. Later, when it was time for him to go he pulled it back on and then went looking for his coat. That was good enough for me. If it fits and he'll wear it, it's his. It's not like I can't make more of them. :o)

I don't know what I will pick as my next major project. I suppose I could finish any of the three pairs of socks that are in progress. I haven't worked on any of them in weeks. All of them are first socks too. The red lace ones have been in progress for at least two years. It's either work on the socks or pull out one of the winter sweaters that I've got started. I'd like to finish up some WsIP before I start something new like another shawl.

Cricket Update
Cricket is still wandering around. I accidentally threw him across the room over the weekend. He had climbed to the top of the bedroom drapes and when I pulled the drapes open, I threw him to the floor. He crawled away and didn't seem to be affected by this bit of adventure, despite falling what would have been several hundred feet to a human. Last night he was hanging out in my pile of clean laundry and had to be shaken off one of my new dishtowels so I could fold it. Later in the evening he was back in the living room checking things out. Still no chirping.

More Geekage
I got caught reading on my lunch break. It's not that it was a bad thing that I was reading since it was my lunch break. It's that my colleagues asked me about the book I was reading and offered to find me something else to read if I was reading my chosen book for fun, rather than for work. I said I was reading it because I needed to be able to mess with a server since I'm the webmaster for several sites. They all started bowing when I said "master". Now, if only I could get the servers to listen that well.... The book? Unix for the Impatient. I wonder what they'll say when I take in learning perl or Linux System Administration and Networking. :o)

Comments

C. H. Green said…
I think my Granny used to wet it and pin it to a board stretched out for several days.

Popular Posts