HP7 Finished!

Just finished it. I tried really hard to finish it last night, but with 100 pages left, I was so sleepy that I could hardly keep my eyes open. Today I ended up backing up 5 pages because I couldn't remember what was happening before I put it down last night. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good book. It was not the least engaging of the series, but I don't know that it's my favorite either. I'll have to re-read it again in a few months and see what I think after I've mulled it over a bit.

But for now, I'm going to watch The Dirty Dozen and knit on my Mystery Stole. The moon is full, I've had caffeine and there is an entire weekend stretching out before me. It doesn't get much better than that!

Pool Update!

The pool is becoming less green. Earlier in the week, we had changed from a deep emerald green to a paler green more reminiscent of the Chicago River when it's NOT dyed green for St. Patrick's day. Today I vacuumed up the last of the algae off the bottom and threw in another 3 pounds of pH increaser. I need to also add about 10 pounds of baking soda to increase total alkalinity. I am not, however, going to pay $4 a pound for it at the pool store. Not when I can buy it in 1 pound boxes for less than a dollar a box at the grocery store. Heck, I could probably recycle the baking soda from the fridge and freezer into the pool. It doesn't matter if the baking soda in the pool is stinky. I'll check the chemistry in the morning and continue playing mad scientist.

A Plethora of Tomatoes!

I picked eight more tomatoes today. Not quite enough total tomatoes to bother with canning or freezing any, but there are plenty for me to eat two or three tomatoes a day for the next three or four days. I *like* that. I do believe I'll make some freezer pickles (my grandmother's recipe box has several pickle recipes) this weekend and some sauteed zucchini to go with my tomatoes. Yummy! :o)

Coming soon!
Several hundred words about dating, relationships and sex. I got into a discussion in another internet group wherein it was stated that women don't like "nice guys" and that's why nice guys get told "You're really nice, but...." I suggested that women might date "jerks" because they don't think they deserve anything better and/or they don't have any experience with nice guys/good relationships. I was informed that women are jerks and that my opinion is misguided. Mind you, the individual who called me misguided has decided that since his girlfriend has recently begun to behave strangely that she must be about to break up with him. So he's going to break up with her first. Mind you, a few months ago, this woman was the love of his life and he was just elated that they were back together after two years apart. I'm not sure who would be labelled the jerk in the current breakup scenario, but I'm pretty sure he's going to decide it's her and she will have "made" him breakup with her.

This same individual is of the opinion that a woman should not be able to decline having sex with her significant other unless she discusses it with him first and he's ok with that change. Interesting. Last time I checked, a woman was not obligated to have sex with her significant other, even if she was married to him, and it's not subject to debate.

Needless to say, I'm not a particular fan of this individual any longer even though we had been friends previously. Other individuals in this group threw out that relationships are mostly about sex anyway, so you can't just not have sex with your significant other (if you're a female). I have decided that these men are all about 18 years old mentally/emotionally and I'm not particularly surprised that none of them are able to stay in a relationship more than a few months. On the other hand, it has got me working on a lovely essay....

Comments

Popular Posts