You *hate* me. :o)

It's true. You do. You just don't know it yet.

Here is reason #1:
I have fresh strawberries. But not just any fresh strawberries. Perfectly ripe fresh strawberries. Strawberries so ripe that their fragrance fills my kitchen and refrigerator with sweetness. Strawberries that burst with juiciness when you bite into them. To make you hate me even more, I'm baking an angel food cake so I can have strawberries and cake. I also have Haagen Daaz anilla ice cream. Is your mouth watering yet?

Here is reason #2:
I have the entire weekend off and it's going to be all about ME. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! Well, mostly about me. I do have a few things I need to get accomplished. Already got Mitch's lawn mowed. Could have probably baled it, as long as it was. Scared the daylights out of two bunnies hiding in the grass. Will have to go back later today to weed the flower beds. other things to do include washing my car (800 miles of bugs splattered on the front of it), the requisite laundry and dish washing, job applications and going to the farmer's market on Saturday. Then it's a weekend of reading, watching DVDs, riding my motorcycle and knitting or spinning or whatever else comes to mind. Oh....and eating cake and strawberries. :o)

What are you doing in your life that would make someone else green with envy? I bet you can find something if you look hard enough.

Now it's time to get on with the day....

Back again...
Reason #3 why you hate me:
I now have freshly baked angel food cake. I have just consumed a rather large piece of said cake absolutely smothered in lightly sugared sliced strawberries. I am seriously considering having a second piece. It was that good.

Freakishly productive Friday:
I have managed to accomplish all of the following today: deposit checks at the bank (after forgetting to do that for almost a month), return iPod case, buy more strawberries, request on-call days for June and July, pick up Wal-Mart gift card I won at work, weed Mitch's flowerbeds, wash my car, pick up more videos and music CDs from the library and bake the aforementioned cake. What I have not yet managed to do is to e-mail the recommendation form for the fellowship I'm applying for to Mitch and my research advisor.

Now I'm sitting on the sofa, blogging, having my cake and eating it too, entering recipes into my recipe database and watching chick flicks. Shortly I'll go crawl into my pre-warmed bed (gotta *love* having an electric blanket) and read myself to sleep.

Supremely productive Saturday:
In the interest of keeping on the ball, I'd like to accomplish the following tomorrow: walk to the farmer's market and stock up on whatever scrumptious fruits and veggies strike my fancy, vacuum, and possibly wax, my car, complete half a dozen or more job applications or resume/cover letter combinations, go for a walk (just realized I managed to lose my pedometer at some point today), and clean the dog poo out of my front yard (I don't have a dog, but someone's dog seems to like my yard). Then I think I'll weed my flower beds, finish up Mitch's yard and either take my motorcycle out for a spin or go hang out at Pages and read a book or surf the internet or knit. I think they have live music tomorrow. Tomorrow evening, I'm going to watch the remaining videos I've checked out and read, though I may make blueberry muffins.

Semi-productive Sunday:
Off to the Courier for breakfast (they have very good buckwheat pancakes and EXCELLENT coffee), then walk home via the library book drop. Then knit while listening to a book on CD. I've got a couple of ideas for books/papers that I think I'll start working on. And some ideas for rants for my blog too. Then in the afternoon, I'm headed to a movie although I don't know what it's going to be yet.

Now the question is....how much of my evil plan will actually come to fruition. :o)

But first, I'm going to have another piece of cake with strawberries. Don't you just *hate* me?

Comments

Twitchh said…
Angelfood cake and real, yummy, truly *FRESH* strawberries.

*drool*!
:o)

Popular Posts