What?!? No distractions?!?!

Wow, that doesn't happen much. Just when I wasn't paying much attention at all, I didn't get distracted at all today. What makes this even wierder is that I didn't even have yesterday's to-do list with me to keep me on target. Very strange behavior for someone who can't focus on a single thing for more than about 4.8 seconds. But it does make for a rather productive day...

Starting with...

EMT class
Today was the skill testing for the EMT class I've been assisting with. The class started out with John going over the problem questions from the two tests they've had as a review for tomorrow's final exam. What made this entertaining was that there were several questions that everybody in the class got wrong except for Mike. Mike readily admitted that he didn't understand some of the things in class and that he was NOT a classroom kind of guy. On each of the questions he got right and the rest of the class got wrong, he guessed the answer. He'd have it narrowed down to perhaps two choices, and then pick one. I thought Deron was going to smack him. (Deron would be the studious one in the class and a co-worker of Mike's.) I think they'll be in good shape for the exam tomorrow and I don't think they'll have too much trouble on the national exam whenever they take that.

Then, ERRANDS!
First, to the library to get myself an assortment of DVDs, videos and a couple of books on tape for my travels on Sun/Mon. I also snagged the next book in the Mercedes Lackey Herald Mage series, in case I finish the current one while on travel. I can't remember what movies I got. There were a couple of Hitchcock films, I think.

And then I ran off to get some groceries and misc stuff at the local megastore. I now have an FM transmitter for my iPod so I can listen to all my tunes while I drive, but won't have to take my entire CD collection with me. That'll be fun. I've got a dozen podcasts to catch up on too. I may go back and get an iPod holder for my car so I can just clip the silly thing to the air vent and notworry about having a place to put it when driving.

Need to get some job stuff hammered out today. Meant to do that yesterday and the day before, but didn't get to it then either. But I did get my hotel reservation made. I'm staying about a mile from where my meeting will be. Looks to be a 5 hour drive, according to the various maps/websites I've checked. I figure I'll leave here just after lunch on Sunday. That'll give me time for a leisurely drive, plus dinner and still be in by a reasonable time. I checked for yarn stores in Jackson and discovered that there aren't any. Oh well...I didn't need more yarn anyway. :o)

The downside of eating better...
Is that my stomach really dislikes fast food. I noticed that earlier this week after I ate a burger and fries. Last night it was a bit upset about the Happy Meal I had yesterday. Today it took exception to the chips and macaroni salad I had with my turkey samich. Now I'm having some peppermint tea to sooth things and maybe later I'll have a nice boring PB&J or some veggie soup. Unpleasant though it may be to have an upset stomach, this does make it a whole lot easier to just pass up junk food and greasy, icky food choices.

Time to go sit on the couch and drink some tea while knitting a sock for my iPod. W00t!

Comments

Popular Posts