Nap Time!

Ok, so I didn't get my essay about summer written. Shoot me.

Today I did read half of Teacherman by Frank McCourt. Tonight I turned it back in to the library. I think it's a good book, but I'm not finding it to be particularly engaging. I don't know if it's my brain or his writing style, but it was hard for me to focus and follow along. I realize that memoirs don't necessarily have a point, but the story telling seemed a bit disjointed. I'll have to try reading Angela's Ashes and see if that's a better fit. Not a bad book, just not what I'm wanting to read right now.

So I read half a dozen chapters in Dreams of Steel by Glen Cook instead. The Lady is busy kicking butt while her sister is masquerading as her and wreaking her own havoc. Things are about to get good.

So, while I wasn't terribly productive with writing today I did get a good bit of reading done and I had a lovely nap or two. I've been really tired lately even though I've been getting to bed at a reasonable hour. At least work wasn't terribly busy. There's nothing worse than being tired and then running your behind off at work. I was tired enough that I didn't get fidgety or fussy by the end of the afternoon like I ususally do. Brandon was really tired too. I threw a pillow at him and he didn't even bother to return fire. *That* is unusual.

I suspect that my tiredness is related to my recent less-than-ideal eating pattern and a lack of exercise. Although I did mow two yards last night (total of 1/2-2/3 acre), so that could be contributing. I've had fast food for lunch three days this week. While I've been making better choices (salad or no fries), it's not the veggies and good stuff I'd been eating for a few weeks before. I haven't worked out since early April. I did a light workout tonight with weights. Will have to get back to the walking/running a couple days a week. The good news is that my more sensible eating habits have enabled me to maintain my weight at just below 160, even though I'm not working out. That is encouraging. The jeans I used to refer to as my "skinny jeans" are now loose on me. I'm almost ready to move to a smaller size again. Woot!

Project thoughts...
I'm thinking I may work on several things at once: writing periodic essays, spinning up the prepared fiber I have (so as to make more room for the fleeces I need to get ready) and finishing up the cookbook of my Grandma's recipes (been working on that since I got her recipe box after she died). That would give me a variety of things to work on so I don't get stuck on one thing and quit working at it.

Tonight's entertainment:
Watching A History of Violence on DVD. Last night I watched Finding Forrester.

Tomorrow:
Write up more lecture material for the EMT class and develop more practice scenarios. Friday is the last day I lecture. Next week I only help them prepare for their practical exam. I'll have to see if they have any questions on the material and come up with some review questions for them.

Comments

Popular Posts