Sunny Tuesday....

After several rather cloudy, rainy days, the sun is nice. Of course, it's still too wet to actually mow the lawn(s), but it's a whole lot better than being gray and rainy. It's also not particularly windy, which is a nice change from recent conditions too. The bank sign I drove past said it was 61 degrees out, but it feels about 50-something to me. Definitely need a bit of a jacket.

Princess for a Year!
Gary, Carol, Cindy and Kate took me out to lunch today. We went to Le Peep. I am the volunteer of the year at the police department. Deputy Chief Troy stopped by my desk today to congratulate me. I don't know when the actual award ceremony will be, but I should probably go. :o) As we all parted company after lunch Gary congratulated me once again and said to make the most of my reign and to celebrate being princess for the year. I like that sentiment.

Slacking...
Hanging out at my fav bookstore today. I found a yummy scented candle which I may have to come back and purchase. I think it was mango, pineapple and grapefruit. Very fruity and just the thing to brighten up my apartment. Saw a notepad that asked the question "Where do you draw the line between possible and impossible?" Saw another one asking "What have you done today to make what you want to be tomorrow happen?"

Well, I'm not completely slacking. I bought a gift for a friend and I'm preparing job application stuff.

Overheard on the radio... "My life is a bad movie, but it's got a great soundtrack..." Isn't that about right. It reminded me of the card I gave to Mitch which said something to the effect of "My life has an interesting cast of characters, but I can't figure out the plot."

Project, Project, Still Seeking a Project....
I'm thinking I may choose two projects. One will definitely involve reading. Perhaps read all the NYT best sellers for a year. Or the top 100 fiction books, as I'd mentioned previously. Or I could find a list of classic literature typically read during high school or college and read that. Modern Lessons from Classic Literature, etc.... For the second project, something writing or cooking or fiber-related. I do have a good plot for a novel in my head, but haven't ever gotten around to actually writing down the whole thing, just the occasional chapter or scene. I think I need to pick something in the next week or so and get started. Otherwise the project selection phase will simply drag out interminably.

Mitch Update:
DSL has arrived. Until now, he'd been restricted in his internet access to using his PDA phone. While he has remained a loyal blog reader throughout, scrolling sideways on the phone has been rather inefficient. Commenting has been out of the question. Now he's got unlimited access and a full-sized keyboard and screen. I could almost hear him howl with glee out here. I figure the unpacking process will now slow down dramatically since there are additional distractions available and he's been having Internet Deprivation for the past month. He'll have to make up for lost time, you know. He has said that it won't be quite as bad as I predict. He does have to leave time to ride his motorcycle. (Yes, he made a point of telling me that it's in the 70s and sunny for the past several days. I'm keeping track of how many times I'm going to hit him for these annoyances the next time I see him.)

Now, back to the bitmines....

Comments

Popular Posts