Monday Tiring Monday

Actually, it wasn't too bad. It ended well, at least, even if it did get all cloudy.

Started out in a foul mood, ready to pick a fight. Although the person I was supposed to have dinner with reportedly dropped his kid off before work today, the child seat is buried in the backseat of his truck and his overnight bag is in the front seat. Hmmmm.... Methinks he's not been completely truthful with me. But I did get my DVD back, though he once again forgot my carabiner. Later I did thank him for at least letting me know he was cancelling instead of just standing me up. I was a whole lot grumpy about it and said there probably wasn't much point in my continuing to ask about hanging out since he was probably going to always have a better offer. He grumbled about having a 3 year old to deal with. Whatever. I did ask AGAIN for my carabiner and he told me that he would be sure to bring it in tomorrow. I hope that inconveniences him. Mean of me, and not particularly graceful or classy, but there you go.

By the end of the day, my frame of mind was that I don't actually like the jerk anyway or want to be his friend, so who the heck cares what he does. Of course, by tomorrow I may be pissed off again that I got treated like dirt.

Pretty uneventful day. I pissed off the PD by opening the window of an apartment where someone had died two days earlier. The cop on the scene said it was ok and then the detective jumped my case. The FD guys asked if they should bring up a fan as usual and were told yes, so the FD guys told the PD guys (in a rather annoyed manner) that we'd be happy to stay out of the way if you'd tell us that, but don't get pissed off if you say something is ok and we do it.

Then we had a patient who appeared to mostly just be overly stressed and a bit lightheaded. Until he threw up and tried to go unresponsive. His BP spiked too. Not sure what the heck was going on there, but it wasn't good. He was a horrible historian, however. He kept wandering off topic. Our scene time was horrendous while he argued with himself about trying to refuse (before he went unresponsive).

Self-defense presentation
I'm supposed to talk at an insurance company about personal defense strategies and risk reduction concepts on Wednesday. Ordinarily I show a video and have handouts from the National Self-Defense Institute. I discovered today that I can't find the video or brochures. I suspect they're carefully packed away in Mitch's Sea of Boxes (tm). Looks like I'll be faking it. the video was just wonderful though because it hits all the highlights and it's a great springboard for discussion. Grrrrrr.....

Interviewing and other jobs
Got my Sunday shift covered so I can get to Jackson at a reasonable hour Sunday, instead of driving most of the night. My interview is 10am on Monday. The only hitch in my plan....I am supposed to work on Monday. I got signed up for a 11-7 shift. I'm hoping to find someone to cover it for me. I'd even work for them later or bribe them with cookies or something. Anything. I don't want to call in sick.

Need to get a couple of apps out this week. Deadlines are drawing nigh.... Perhaps on Wednesday after the presentation. Thursday I'm teaching the EMT class at FSI again. Which reminds me, I need to submit my time sheet from last week. It was due today at 0900. Oops.

Curtis totally rocks. He keeps sending me encouraging text messages. That's cool. He's gonna miss me, but then again, he also said he'd come visit on vacation or whenever he runs away from work/home/reality. I told him I could get a job in Germany and his reply was "Let's go!" :o)

Mitch's Sea of Boxes
Apparently the apartment is becoming more like someone lives there than an abstract sculpture of cardboard cubes. The bed has been moved repeatedly to find the "right" spot. So has the desk and computer table. And the kitchen table was next in line for tweaking. The TV/DVR remotes are AWOL, despite opening most of the front room boxes. This caused a minor rant/whine session. But the major stuff is all being found. It's just a matter of putting away what you need to put away to live in the place for up to 6 months and to leave as much packed as possible for moving out into a house in the next 6 months.

Today he found a Mexican restaurant for lunch. Not quite the same as Dos Reales or El Toro, but not half bad either, he said. It's a local place, not a chain. I'm sure he'll find a good coffee shop and a cool breakfast place too. It's just a matter of time.

Knitting/cooking/eating/working out/reading:
I finally took my lunch to work (for the first time in close to 2 weeks). It was pretty good, once I remembered to eat it. At almost 2pm. Oopsie. That would explain why I felt like crap for part of the day.

No knitting, though I think I did pull out the needles on the sock in my backpack. No working out or cooking either. Mitch got the banana bread today and called to tell me about it with his mouth full. Heh. Next care package probably going out in two weeks. For reading, I'm re-reading the Herald Mage books by Mercedes Lackey. I got bored/disinterested in The Black Company books. I think it took me too long to get through Dreams of Steel due to lack of time that I started to forget who the various chars were, which rather makes the story hard to follow. Oh well....plenty of other books in the world to (re)read. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts