Blueberries *ROCK*!

Ah....the joys of a day off. Well, at least of a highly productive one.

I seem to have experienced a breakthrough in dealing with certain individuals in my private life. I am no longer worried/upset/anxious about what a certain person thinks or whether or not they call me to do stuff. I don't even know that I'm particularly interested in being friends any more. Right now I don't particularly trust that person, which rather makes it difficult to be friends in my opinion. It may well be that nothing dishonest has occurred, but my gut tells me that things in reality don't exactly match what I'm being told is occurring. I specifically asked this person to just be straight with me and was told that they were being truthful. Time will tell. We used to be pretty good friends. Perhaps some day that will happen again. In any event, I'm not going to fret about it. What happens is what happens. And it'll happen whether I worry about it or not. So why worry, right?

Seminar
Gave a self-defense presentation at meeting of a women's group at a major area corporation. It was the third time I've talked at this particular company and was the largest group yet. There were probably 30 women there. I didn't have the SAFE video that I like to show, but was at least able to piece together the information into a presentation. Gave out a bunch of business cards and one woman asked about becoming a RAD instructor. I am hoping that an actual RAD class will be taught as a result of this seminar. We can't teach at the corporation, but several women had ideas on good locations for us to teach in. It'll just be a matter of getting enough women together for the whole course. I really want to see a class run. I really really do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Aliens
I have figured out an explanation for the recent turmoil in my life and the complete absence of contact from my family and friends. Are you ready for it? I have been abducted by aliens. Very clever aliens who have replicated my life almost completely, down to even the smallest detail. Except that my phone number is now different and nobody knows how to get in touch with me. Yep, that's my explanation.

And just in case you think I'm insane, I must tell you that I am wearing the bunny ears I got at the Easter petting zoo as I type this, so the radio signals from the aliens cannot reach my brain and cause me to type whatever they want. :o)

Care Package Received!
Mitch now has soap. I'm sure his co-workers are highly appreciative of this fact. Well, he had soap before, but was going to be running out after the bar currently in use. It's not like he's been shtinky for the past two weeks. The loaf of banana bread was well-received, though wasn't quite up to my usual standards. I actually like the newly modified recipe better than the old one, but Mitch isn't the biggest fan of whole wheat flour. And the loaf was a bit overly browned (I forgot to set the timer AGAIN). But still incredibly delicious and it was an absolute hit at his group meeting at work. Next on the baking agenda.....blueberry bread and chocolate chip cookies

Tonight's Entertainment
Right now, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is the background noise while I work. I also have The Exorcism of Emily Rose on DVD and Welcome to Mooseport on VHS.

If it doesn't rain, I may walk down to the library and return some books. There has been thunder this afternoon, but so far no rain although rain has been predicted/expected for the past three days. At least it's not yet time to mow the lawn again. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts