My, What a Full Week

Spent two days out of town for a work conference, then 1.5 days at work before leaving early to return to Nashville to see the Grand Ole Opry. I had picked up some extra work hours as a result of the conference, which worked out well.

The Opry show was good. Very entertaining. I'll have to catch another show in the future. Had a good night's sleep at the Opryland Hotel too. The bed was very comfortable, though I did try to bang my shins on the bed frame. There was a low shelf around the edge of the bed, which makes a very narrow step to get into the bed and a fine place to dent the tibia when climbing in or out of bed. I think it would make getting in and out of bed a difficult, if not dangerous, activity for an elderly person or a person who is unsteady on their feet.

Eating Myself Silly
Ok, so I ate way more than I should have this week and ate things that aren't particularly good for me either. I will "pay" for that this week while my body gets back to normal after a couple days of high fat, low fiber, high meat, low veggie eating. In the future, I think I'll stick to more healthy choices and work on eating reasonable amounts of food. It's not that the food I ate was "bad", it was just food that causes me to feel less good than other food choices. I feel like a bloated, exhausted slug when I eat high fat and lots of animal products, whereas I feel a lot more energetic and zippy when I eat low fat foods and virtually no animal products. Time to get back on the healthy food bandwagon, even when I travel.

Of course, this attempt at change will be complicated in the next two weeks by traveling for work 5 out of the next 10 work days. I'll have to remind myself that just because something is served to me doesn't mean I have to eat all of it or even eat any of it. And I'll take some healthy snacks with me.

Next step: working on the routine exercise schedule again. First I'll have to get a regular sleep schedule going again, then I'll work on the early morning workouts.

Comments

Popular Posts