Got peppers?

For some reason the jalapeno pepper plants were incredibly productive this summer but the bell pepper plants didn't do much at all. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these peppers. I will probably just freeze them whole. I don't want to go to the bother of making salsa.

Tomorrow I'll make another big harvest of basil. The lettuce that went to seed is coming up nicely too. The rest of the garden is finished for the season though. Time to pull up the rest of the plants, pile them up, burn them and till them under. I never did buy any alfalfa or annual rye for a cover crop for the winter. Oh well.

In other garden/yard news, I'll get the pool closed this weekend. I really should pull the grass out of the flower beds now that it's cooled off and I can't use the heat as an excuse any longer. We'll see how motivated I am in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts