I LEARNED!

I made a new pizza tonight with the second half of the dough from Sunday. Again, it was topped with cheese, tomatoes, basil, marinara sauce and various herbs. This time I let it COOL before eating it. No mouth blisters this time.

And yesterday's blister has resorbed itself. I think a bit of it was left this morning, but by the end of the day it was gone. Yay!

The Curse of the Rhinovirus
I think I know from where the goo in my head comes. It's my neurons melting. By about 3:30 in the afternoon I'm pretty much done mentally at the moment. I've been making a point of pacing myself with respect to mental and physical efforts. I just run out of steam by late afternoon. Normally I don't run out of steam until 7 or 8 at night. I will be very happy when I have my mental and physical energy back.

Today I don't have a sore throat. The left side of my head is still trying to drain itself. The right side has decided it wants to play too. Tomorrow could be interesting in terms of sneezing, sniffling and tissue usage.

Ordinary People Become Marathoners
There's a show on Nova tonight following a dozen people who are enrolled as part of Team Nova, training for the Boston Marathon. They come from various fitness levels and backgrounds. They just showed one of the women and noted that she had been able to just walk since the halfway point because of a sharp pain in one of her feet. It turned out to be a piece of glass. SHE WALKED 13 MILES with a PIECE OF GLASS in her foot!! And people think *I* don't know when to quit. Three cheers for Vera for not giving up. :o)

And Finally....
Sixty-nine years ago today Martians landed in Grovers Mill, New Jersey. If you ever get a chance to listen to a recording of the original radio broadcast, do it. It's quite entertaining and very suspenseful.

Comments

Popular Posts