Open Mouth, Insert Foot

An unfortunate quote from New Mexico Governor (and presidential candidate) Bill Richardson:
"You know I don't like to categorize people. I don't like to, like, answer definitions like that that, you know, perhaps are grounded in science or something else that I don't understand."

I'd like to think Gov. Richardson actually understands science, given that he was once Secretary of Energy, IIRC, but perhaps not. He did indicate that homosexuality is a choice rather than a matter of biology. Then again, perhaps he just didn't understand....

Something to do this weekend:
Watch the Perseid meteor shower. Conveniently, there is a new moon this weekend so the meteors will be even more visible. w00t! I got a big kick out of watching the launch of the space shuttle Endeavor the other day. There was some concern when expected computer errors did not appear. Finally everybody agreed it was ok and the countdown continued. I have decided that I will spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center next summer when I'm in Orlando for the RAD conference. Don't tell anybody, but I think it's almost more fun than going to Disneyworld.

Other weekend plans....

Frankly it's going to be too hot to do much outside. I might get in a swim in the morning. It's too hot to really workout outdoors other than to swim. Tonight is Vincent Price Night on Turner Classic Movies and features Edgar Allan Poe-derived movies, so I'll *have* to watch that. Tomorrow is Doris Day Day which is a nice foil to the darkness of tonight's line-up. Beyond that I really need to finish the revisions on two websites and get cracking on some knitting. Clue 6 for Mystery Stole 3 came out today and I'm only just starting Clue 2.

Given the recent extreme heat, I've not been doing much (read any) running outdoors. This is not good. I do think I will start putting in more time on my bicycle indoors since it's up on the trainer. If nothing else, that will help with my leg strength and cardiovascular capacity, even if it's not running. It's certainly better than nothing! I see no reason why I can't put in an hour on the bike a day, plus a bit of strength training on some of the days.

Yummy!
I am not the biggest fan of basil, though I always grow it when I have a garden. However, there's not much that brightens up some store-bought marinara sauce like chopped fresh basil. If only I had a bit of fresh oregano too... Perhaps next summer I'll have an herb garden next to the back door.

Comments

Popular Posts