The Weirdness of the World....

Chicken eggs will now be used for advertising. Next they'll have messages posted on the slices of bread or cheese.... (remember, it was my idea first, so you have to pay me if you want to use it for your product.)

At work:
Two different people came up to me today and told me I'd transported them to the hospital at some point in the not-so-distant past. I vaguely remembered one of the patients, only because I've only had three patients from the pork processing plant.

My boss asked if I'd participate in the TV commercial for our company that will be filmed tomorrow. Nothing like making a long-lasting impression, then leaving the company. I don't know how long it's going to take or what to expect, but I've been instructed to bring a spare uniform shirt in with me. :o)

Mitch had the first of his interviews regarding the security clearance he needs for his job. He thinks it went well and the guy who talked to him didn't seem to be particularly alarmed by any of the answers Mitch gave, but I'm willing to bet he's trained to remain nonchalant under the most alarming of circumstances. The kind of guy who would say "Oh, bother!" just after accidentally stapling his hand to the door frame with a nail gun. I, on the other hand, would probably yell and say bad words, even if it was close to Christmas and it might get me put on the "naughty" list.

I guess that was all of the real weirdness. It's hard to believe I only have three days left at work.

Garden plans:
I tried to plan my future vegetable garden today. I've been reading a book about The American Potager, which is really nothing more than a particularly aesthetically pleasing, yet functional, vegetable garden. The examples in the book are largely French, such as the potager at Versailles. Mind you, they've got a small army of gardening staff to take care of the *22* acre plot. I'll have to make do with only myself for staff and a much smaller space. But I'm now planning something a bit more imaginative than the standard garden rectangle. I'm thinking square divided into quadrants with a central focal point, possibly where a bird bath or other ornamental feature would be placed. And perhaps compass point-like triangles centered on each side. With a border of purple basil on some of the section. I'm trying to come up with another good border plant. The example potagers use boxwood hedges, but I want to be able to get my tiller in there at least once a year and I don't want to commit to the shape of the beds either.

The unillustrated blog...
No pictures today. I didn't take my camera with me. Only thing particularly photogenic or interesting was the "coffee cheese" I found when I got home from work. I apparently left yesterday's coffee (with milk) in its coffee cup. The apt was hot enough today that it curdled. Didn't smell all that wonderful either. Icky poo.

Eating my way through my fridge and freezer continues:
Dinner was a home-made mushroom pizza. I used straight tomato paste for the sauce. It worked out pretty well. Very intense flavor. It didn't spread all that well on the crust though. I completely forgot to add any herbs to the top of the sauce. Cooked it maybe a minute too long. the cheese was nearly too brown, but still very tasty.

Made another loaf of blueberry bread yesterday. I didn't add quite so many blueberries this time since Mitch reported his loaf was a bit crumbly, possibly due to the number of berries. It's not very crumbly, but I don't particularly like the flavor. I am coming to the conclusion that I just might not like the flavor of blueberries in anything other than the following: muffins, pancakes, fruit salad, ice cream, cobber and sometimes pie. Oooooh! Maybe I'll have to make smoothies with some of the EIGHT quarts of berries I still have in my freezer. (I'm going to turn purple before this is all over....)

gotta get to bed soon. Mr. DeMille will be ready for my closeup in the morning. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts