It's a DISASTER!

But, for once, the disaster and my life had absolutely nothing to do with each other. I am not complaining. Nope, not at all. It's good to be boring on occasion.

As if Wednesday's storms weren't bad enough...the East St. Louis area got pounded again today with thunderstorms, sustaining additional damage.

IDPH mobilized local EMS agencies and the State's Emergency Operations Center (EOC) was activated. Read the official announcement. I got a page from work asking for volunteers to head down there. We got told to stand down though. If they change their minds, I might just have to go. It could be good practice for my new job. I figure since I'll be working for the state health dept in my new job, I might be able to put that experience to good use. Right now the concerns seem to be providing shelter and drinking water. I don't know how many more thousands of people are without power now. At least the temperatures weren't as high today as earlier in the week.

Comments

Popular Posts