THUNDERSTORM!!

I like trying to sleep when there's a good, loud thunderstorm going on. I don't think it's raining hard, but there certainly is plenty of thunder and lightning. So far the UPS hasn't gone nuts though, so that's good. Last storm we had I ended up unplugging everything because the power surges were causing the UPS to shriek every 30 seconds.

Bike shipment update:
I have gotten a new company to ship my bikes. Federal has got the gig now. They've already called to confirm everything and nailed down the spreads on pick-up and delivery dates. I'm hoping the drop-off day will be before I start work. They might deliver it as early as the 14th, I think, and as late as the 21st. I start work on the 16th. Keeping my fingers crossed.... The new company charges more than the old company, but motorcycle buddy Ken says they're a good company and he recommended them, so I think it'll be worth it.

House closing:
It might actually happen on Friday. I think they've got all the paperwork they need now.

I won't get much moved down there on this trip though. I'm going to take my spare futon mattress and some linens so I can stay in the house Friday night. I don't know if I'm going to try doing a quick trip with a little truck next week or not. That would depend upon when Federal comes to get my bikes, bewteen the 1st and the 4th. If nothing else, I can make a trip down with a little truck and trailer my car after the "big" move is done. In any event, everything I own will eventually end up in Jackson.

Elsewhere in my life....
Plans to go see a movie tonight never materialized. I was going to go see something tonight, but got caught up in watching a video I got from the library and packing while I watched. Suddenly it was 8pm! I've got most of the living room packed now. About all that's left is to pack up my CDs (after I rip a few more to my computer and iPod) and knitting magazines. the rest is all boxed up. I moved my road bike and the trainer, so cleared up a bit of room to stack boxes by the comfy chair. Tomorrow I think I'll pack up the built-in china cabinet and the stuff in the corner next to it. I also need to go buy more boxes. Should probably pull the stuff out from under my bed and have a go at packing up the garage/gardening stuff.

Friday is recycling day. Gotta remember to put out the junk boxes from the basement. Need to make a trip to GoodWill too.

Knitting progress:
I'm down past the heel again on the 2nd candy-striped sock. Near as I can tell I haven't messed it yet. I've been checking pretty regularly and have put a stitch marker at the beginning of the row so I remember to change what I'm doing.

The videos/DVDs of the past few days:
Under the Tuscan Sun, 28 Days, Erin Brockovich, Enchanted April, A Walk in the Clouds, Possession, End of Days, Constantine. Definite themes of travel to Italy and the supernatural. Seems to be something of a chick flick thing going too, which wasn't intentional.

Comments

Popular Posts