Three inches forward....

Six inches back....

I don't know what it is about me and my knitting lately, but I'm doing absolutely NO GOOD at making forward progress. Today I got almost halfway down the foot of a sock and found an error in the lace pattern. The error was above the heel and it would have been noticeable to me (thus would have bothered me every time I wore it). So I ripped it out and fixed the error (the whole row was wrong, so I couldn't just drop down the offending stitches and fix it that way). The finished first sock of the pair is pictured at the right. I'm not sure the second sock will get finished at the rate I'm progressing....

At least I've only had to re-do this particular sock once. The red lace sock in progress right now has been frogged back several inches at least five times. I distinctly remember re-doing the heel at least twice. Most recently I was once again halfway down the foot and saw a big lace problem right across the foot just at the top of the instep. Where I'd see it every time I looked down at my feet. Sigh.

You know, there's something to be said for being unable to decipher one's knitting. Once you are familiar enough with what you're doing you can tell when you've made errors. For me at least the errors then become very glaring. It might pass the galloping horse test to a bystander, but the sock would be on my foot while I galloped by, so I'd still be noticing it. Perhaps if the bystander wore my sock it would be better. :o)

Of course, this means I have to knit more tomorrow to make up for the negative progress today. good thing I got some videos from the library yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts