Getting closer....

to becoming a full-fledged homeowner. W00t!

Today I arranged for homeowner insurance, got various bits of paperwork faxed to various other offices. I hate making phone calls to strange offices and talking to people I don't know. It went very well, from what I can tell. Beverly, the mortgage lady, thinks I might still make a Friday closing date, which would be cool.

I have cancelled the moving truck for this week though, just in case I don't make the date. I don't want to load boxes on the truck on Wed/Thurs only to find out the closing isn't happening. I can load some stuff up in my car, like the spare futon mattress and go with it. That way I can at least stay in the house Friday night. I've already made arrangements for the utilities to be transferred to my name by then.

Next I need to find a home repair company to fix the dryer vent stuff if that isn't already taken care of. I have decided on a fridge. With any luck I'll be able to buy it on one day and have it delivered the next.

This week at the Police Department:
A pair of individuals got busted having sex at 2am in a local park. Glad I didn't have to see that. And a six year old girl got out of school (or some other activity early), rode the bus home, but didn't know how to get from the bus stop to her house. Fortunately there was a guy painting a house nearby and she asked him how to get home. He apparently called the cops to report a lost girl and she was given a ride home by the officer.

Elsewhere:
A friend of mine is all bummed out right now. A relationship he was in recently ended and he's a bit depressed and indicated he mostly just wanted to hide. I've been in that same spot before. Only thing that really helps is time and occasionally gorging on junk food or movies. Perhaps we'll catch a movie some time. Beaming hugs at ya....

Another friend is being a bit of a jerk lately. We had a discussion last night about some behavior he has which isn't particularly productive or constructive. Today he calls me when I'm at the PD to talk to me about it. I explain that I can't really talk right then, so he wants me to just listen. Except that later in the conversation (20 minutes later), he wants me to answer questions which I really can't do. I try to explain that so he asks the questions in a different way. This is annoying and I probably didn't sound very nice when I said I couldn't get into that just then.

So later today I end up calling him about a different matter and he mentions the previous discussion but says he only has 10 minutes because he needs to go eat. I said that probably wasn't enough time. He says he won't talk about all of it, just wanted to make sure I wasn't upset. So the whole thing gets dragged up and in the middle of the conversation there's apparently a knock on his hotel door followed by some chick giggling and telling him she'll see him later. He says "ten minutes" and then keeps talking about whatever it was he'd interrupted before.

Only now he's telling me that he'd said he didn't have time to talk before, like it's my fault this got brought up again. It's not that he needs to eat dinner, it's that he's got plans with other people. I *TOLD* him that I didn't want to get into it if there wasn't time, but why on earth would anybody listen to me. Now I *might* get a phone call later this week because I've been told that he won't have time tonight now to talk because he'll be out too late. I guess it's only important if it doesn't interrupt anything he's doing. And he wonders why I get irritated and mad or don't think that he only talks to me when something better isn't available to do.

When do I get to be important? Hell, I'm just buying a house, moving two states away from anybody I know and starting a brand new career ALL BY MYSELF. I guess that's not particularly important or stressful. Certainly not enough that anybody would want to listen about it. I'm tired of giving and not getting much back. I'm tired of being told I'm important and that I matter only to find out that that is only true as long as something else better isn't coming along. Tired of needing help and getting voicemail which may or may not get returned, depending upon how bored people are. Tired of being told I'll get help when I need it only to find out that some how schedules never quite work out that way and help, even just someone to listen to me, never actually happens. Screw it. I don't need that crap. I obviously can't rely on people and I certainly can't trust them. I guess I'll just do it all myself but people better quit expecting me to help them with their stuff. I think I'm entitled to be a selfish bitch.

Grrrrrrr. And yes, I *did* have my fruit snacks today. Bite me.

Comments

Popular Posts