Another Week Away

Away from work, that is....

The weekend was a long-ish one. For starters, I've developed a lovely cold. I seem to only get two colds a year, right about 6 month apart. This is the July edition. I should be back to 100% health by the beginning of next week. And my two favorite medics were gone, though I did see Doug for a little while on Sunday morning and was able to tell him about my upcoming move in person. His shoulder is getting better. On a good note, I got to work with Kelly and Doug T, which doesn't happen very often.

Despite assurances some time ago that B and R are in no way, shape or form actually dating, the evidence does appear to be piling up to the contrary. I suppose overhearing him in a cell phone conversation tell her he loves her might be something of a giveaway. I am, suprisingly not feeling the need to set his pants on fire. He's not worth the match or the lighter fluid. I think they're fairly well-suited to each other. I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw the 40' tall tulip tree in my front yard. I will admit that I'm going to be mightily amused when it all blows up in their faces. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he goes back to his old habits of thinking only of himself. When he and I were dating, it only took him about 6 months to revert back to normal. I briefly debated warning R that B has only a fleeting grasp of the concept of honesty and courtesy, but a) I figure she wouldn't believe me and would turn around and tell B that I'm trying to break them up and b) she'll learn it better if she finds out the hard way. So, while I may lose a point or two in the failure to protect a fellow female from the stupidity of a selfish and self-centered man, I think it's the best course of action.

I'm debating writing B an e-mail, which I may or may not send him. I feel the need to point out to him that I never did, for one minute believe the 90 minute long explanation of how they weren't dating and how he'd "never do that to me because you just don't treat people that way". And point out that perhaps using the very same excuses he used when he told everybody that we weren't dating rather gives away the lie. I'd also like to mention that people like him are EXACTLY why I don't trust most folks and hadn't dated anybody in over 5 years. On the other hand, I must say that I'm particularly glad that this mistake only lasted 6 months and *I* was the one who ended it. So *there*.

The little, mean part of me wants to see his life self-destruct as a result of his bad behavior. I want him to know that he treated me like crap and that it wasn't ok and that I think he's an absolute jerk. Oddly enough, I kinda thought that about him when I first met him, just began to think that perhaps I'd judged things too quickly. Of course, that was when he was interested in getting something from me (a place to crash), so he was very attentive. When he no longer needed a local place to crash and I quit paying for everything suddenly his time became too valuable and his phone stopped working. Go figure.

Moving plans:
Making arrangements for a house inspection and moving trucks today. The inspection is scheduled for Thursday the 13th at noon. I've got some homework to do between now and then so I can ask informed, intelligent questions about how to manage the maintenance of my new house. I'll definitely have to ask if the house has ridge and soffit vents and where the water and gas line cut-offs are.

Gotta call the mortgage lady too and see what the next step is now that we've got a signed purchase contract. I know I've got a bunch of paperwork to send her. Will get that done in the morning.

Ouchies!
Was cutting back raspberry bushes in her garden today. I have the scratches all up and down my forearms to prove it too! Ouchie! That's gonna really sting in the morning when I take a shower. While I was at it, I also deadheaded the rose bushes. I don't know what it is about the monster rosebush in the middle of the west side of the house, but it's got thorns the size of Cleveland. Naturally, it's also the largest and healthiest of the four bushes. On a less masochistic level, I deadheaded the coreopsis in the front of hte house and have collected more seed. I ought to be able to propagate oodles of coreopsis at my new house and give them away. I found three small raspberry sprouts that I'll dig up and move with me too. I think they'll be a good addition to the inside of the fence to the right (north) of the fence gate. That's a nice sunny spot. I think I might try growing some low-chill, high-bush blueberries too. And maybe strawberries. Can you tell I have a bunch of landscape/garden design books checked out of the library right now?

Tidbit of knowledge gathered from the past month:
If you put a cup of coffee in the microwave and accidentally put in 31:30, it essentially vaporizes the coffee. What is left of the liquid coffee is no longer actually in the cup, but is in a puddle on the floor of the microwave. So, my recommendation is to actually only heat the coffee for 1:30. That seems to result in the best of both worlds: coffee which is hot enough to be good to drink, but still remains in the cup when the time is up.

The latest behavioral change:
I am no longer enabling the "pity party" or victim mode in other people. I will empathize and sympathize, but I will not sit and listen to people wail about how horrible their situation is when they have no interest or effort directed toward getting out of whatever the bad situation is. It's just too draining and not good for anybody involved.

Need to get back to eating more healthy food. I ate junk quite a bit this past week. My tummy is a bit upset today. I don't really feel quite as perky as I usually do either, but that could be the result of my nasty cold and all the goo that's draining down the back of my throat. Ick.

Comments

Popular Posts