WAAAAAAAH!


I don't wanna pack!

Ok. Now I'll go get some cheese to go with that bit of whine.


The last of the raspberries, as seen on my Cheerios this morning.



Semi-productivity:
You know you don't want to do something when you go mow someone's lawn in the awful, humid, 90 degree heat index sun, instead of doing what you should be doing (packing). At least I did the mowing this morning when it was cooler. Now it's pretty steamy and even hotter. But I've had a headache half the day which could be from the heat/exertion/dehydration or could be from not having any caffeine yesterday or today. Caffeine problem has been fixed. I needed to feed the car anyway, so got me a nice Polar Pop. (32.1 mpg on the trip back north, with the AC running, for those of you who are keeping track).

Here are some photos of flowers in my yard and Mitch's yard. Aren't the day lilies just STUNNING?






























After mowing, I went to the farmer's market and got some green beans and zucchini. I wanted to get sweet corn, but the corn trailer was nearly empty. That's what happens when you get there at almost 11am. S'ok. I'll get some fresh sweet corn sooner or later this summer.


I had to take a picture of the truck the "honey guy" drives. He's always parked in the same corner of the farmer's market and has been a vendor there for as long as I can remember. The truck is just the right color of yellow to make me think of bees. I'm sure that's intentional. It looks just like a baby beer truck in design.


Short-term "project"
I've decided to eat, cook or bake my way through everything in my freezer. I'm not going to try and haul frozen food to TN from here. Too much pain in the behind.

Unless all that's left is the blueberries. Those I'll take with me if I can't get them all eaten. I'm given to understand that my blueberry bread recipe is a pretty darned good one. I haven't tried any of it myself. I just baked it and shipped it off to Mitch, who reported that he and his co-workers thought it was yummy. So, if you've got ideas on what I can do with about 3 gallons of frozen blueberries, let me know.

Answer Lady, at your service. :o)
Got an entertaining phone call from Tom today. He informed me that just because I "got some high-falutin' job", that doesn't mean he won't call to ask me wierd or difficult questions. Tom's parents are in town visiting this weekend and his dad has decided to buy a new saddle. Tom couldn't think of any tack shops in the area, but figured I'd know, so he called me. He'd forgotten all about Pard's. That completely made my day.

In other news from Tom, Jeremy's team lost the championship baseball game. Rats! Tom and Leslie have also offered to pose for photos so I can put pictures of people I know on my desk in my new office. What they don't know is that I'm going to take them up on the offer. :o)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Morenna, Go to the grocery store and ask if they have any banana boxes. They are great for carrying heavy things like books, and they even have handles on the sides!

John Davis JHD2001@netzero.net

Popular Posts