I am officially in training!!

I registered for the Chicago Marathon today. This has been a great motivator for me and I hope the motivation will continue to grow. Next I need to make hotel reservations to stay downtown the night before the race. That will be my splurge for me. Well, that and a new pair of shoes (or two), which I'll buy at Body 'N' Sole in June. The runners I've got for now will do just fine. And as I get into better shape, I'll reward myself with new workout clothes! Yay for me!! I used to "reward" myself with going out to dinner. That is not necessarily compatible with increasing my fitness and health level. Time for some new behaviors.

Here's another factor in the NJ Governor's car accident
The SUV was apparently going 90 miles an hour at the time of the incident. Oops. Even with the world's greatest reaction time, it's hard to react fast enough at that speed. I hope the trooper isn't in trouble. I think it might be difficult to say "no" to the governor when you work for the state.

Proof that banning guns completely does NOT eliminate gun violence
The mayor of Nagasaki was shot and killed yesterday. Civilians in Japan may not own handguns and rifles are being phased out as their owners die of old age (ownership of the rifle is not transferable). Shotgun and air rifle licensing is becoming increasingly onerous and ownership rates are dropping. Nonetheless, Mr. Ito is now dead after being shot twice in the back with a revolver.

More reasons to not eat meat
Frequent consumption of cured meats is linked to increased risk of lung problems, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The problem may be due to nitrites in the cured meats.

Comments

Popular Posts