My Coffee Mug is NOT Suicidal!

Just because it tried to throw itself off the car again this morning doesn't mean a thing!! It's not sad or depressed, unless it greatly dislikes being filled with hot, tasty, life-sustaining coffee 6 mornings a week.

The bottom of my coffee mug, however, is quite smooth. The surface of a freshly washed and waxed car is quite slick. If you put this smooth, metal coffee travel mug on the roof of said freshly washed and waxed car, it will slide to the edge of the roof and come to rest against the edge of the door. Then, when the unsuspecting vehicle owner opens the door, the mug launches itself at them. I'm sure this was intended to be a friendly gesture of affection, but I wasn't expecting it and failed to catch the mug before it hit the floor. Fortunately today I noticed the mug was sliding when I set it down on the roof, so I was able to protect myself from the self-launching mug and protect the coffee as well.

It did occur to me, however, that it's a good thing I am unlikely to be having sex on the hood of my car any time soon, because one or both of us would go flying.

Comments

Popular Posts