You know you have an unusual job when....

you can call someone and ask them to give you crap. Lots of crap, from as many people as possible and the looser the better. And mean it literally. How cool is that? :o)

Bug of the Week...
There's a GI bug making its way through a local community and local hospital staff. We're having trouble getting stool samples from the patients. So one of the county health department nurses will go to the hospital in the morning to corral the employees who have returned to work and talk them into producing samples for us. Even though they aren't sick now, they could still be shedding virus.

This outbreak has really driven home the importance of hand hygiene. I don't care how many gloves and gowns and masks you wear. If you do not don and doff them properly, dispose of them properly, wash your hands properly and clean up properly, the outbreak will continue.

On finding things to do at work...
I have started actively searching for things to do. I sent e-mail to a colleague a couple levels up the food chain from me stating that I very much wanted to become involved more involved and that I was looking for things to do since I accomplished my primary job goal/objective in two weeks. I got a fairly straightforward response which I will quote in its entirety here:

"Awesome!"

I'll take that as a good sign. Colleague said he would mull over the proposition and ask around to find things for me to help with. I also asked if there were any goals or projects to be accomplished. We'll see what happens.

Photos:
Here's my newly finished green lace scarf being blocked out rather sloppily. I wanted to have a quick look at it. I'll re-block it later with pins.

Next, the weekly hospital photo with "sleeping" cranes. It's been rainy so the cranes aren't doing much work.















Finally, the evening's "sunset" pic. No actual visible sunset though. The fog was rolling in. The leaves on the trees behind the house haven't really started to change yet. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. In fact, it's raining now. At least it's not raining sideways....






Comments

Popular Posts