Personal Responsibility!

I'm impressed! There was personal responsibility demonstrated on TV today! I caught an episode of Top Chef on Bravo. One of the teams ended up with a case of lychees they did not pay for. One of the team members, Otto, knew they hadn't paid for it, but would have used it until someone on his team called him on it. Team members advised Chef Tom Colicchio who immediately stopped that team, called them all together and made it clear that not making good on it was going to be unacceptable. At that point Otto returned the case to the store. The challenge went on.

At the end of the challenge, the discussion with the judges centered on the lychees. They had decided that if Otto take responsibility for the error in judgement they would vote him out. Otto not only took responsibility, he removed himself from the competition. He said it was bad judgement, that he hadn't been thinking clearly in the face of the competition and that he was wrong. It was very well said. The judges didn't say anything other than that they accepted his resignation. I think several of his teammates were taken aback by the rather quick solution. I think at least one of them was expecting him to be lectured and was looking smug before Otto started to speak. After he spoke she seemed unsettled.

Joint update:
The anatomical sort of joint, that is. I spent 20 minutes on the trainer tonight. I didn't push things at all, just got the heart pumping a bit. I had some stiffness in my right knee, but no pain. I think the stiffness is slowly resolving. My elbow and hip weren't bothered at all, but I didn't think they would be. I'll work my shoulders and abs in a little bit, then stretch really well. I would work my biceps but between the weed whacker yesterday and the pesticide sprayer today my biceps are a bit sore and tired already. I worried that the 2 gal sprayer tank would aggravate my right elbow, but it didn't. Yay!

Open Season!
Saw this entertaining film today "with" Mitch. Boog was highly entertaining, as was Elliott. The porcupine was really cute. "Buddy!" was about all the porcupine said. He reminded me a bit of Eeyore, but was more cheerful. Beth, the park ranger, was mostly an annoying sort of brainless character with really big shoes. The squirrels were hilarious with their leader threatening to "kick your big blue bahookie!" I'm not entirely sure what a bahookie is, but I'm fairly certain I don't want mine kicked. The plot was highly predictable. The CG rendering of the characters was good, though not as meticulous as Pixar films. I did notice there were 11 people assigned to rendering only hair.

Knitting plans....
I found the Wool and Company blog, which is primarily written by Jen, who I met through Mitch several years ago. She's been working on a really cute hat lately. I've even had breakfast with the hat model sitting on my lap, though she was less than a year old at the time. Anyway, I may have to use the pattern Jen developed for some charity hats. It would be cute knit in helix stripes too. Now, to find a couple of charities who need kid-sized hats. I need to check the requirements for The Dulaan Project and Children in Common. I should also find the address for the hospital in Wisconsin to which I used to send preemie hats.

In the interest of finishing projects, I am going to pull out my red lace socks to finish. These are the socks that I have knit to halfway down the instep about three times, having to rip back to above the heel several times to fix errors. I think it's time to finish them. Then I'll start in on some of the nice Mountain Colors sock yarn I bought just before I left Urbana. I did finally get the ends darned in on about three pairs of socks that I finished some time ago and have been wearing. Just for giggles I should inventory my sock yarn stash and see how many pairs of "unknit socks" I have.

Disgusting food product of the day:
An people wonder why Americans are fat.....

Comments

Popular Posts