Rest and Relax or Rev up and Rock?

I had every intention of sitting around and taking it easy this weekend. I went to bed just before midnight and didn't get out of bed until 9am, which is about 3 hours later than I usually get up. For some reason I wrote up a *HUGE* list of things to do: weed the front and side flower beds, move some shrubs, prune some shrubs, mow the lawn, finish steam cleaning all the carpets, etc. You can see where this is going. Waaaaaay too much to do and not enough time, which just leads to stress and a feeling that you'll never catch up.

So, I think I'll pick about two things to do today, one of which must be to fold and put away at least half of my clothes, and two things to do tomorrow, one of which must be to mow the lawn. At some point, I will need to figure out what to do with the excess produce in my kitchen. (Somewhere in the pile of tomatoes in my big colander, something is leaking.) That leaves one more task to pick.

Ok, I have it. I'll update the website. That's been on the back burner for about two weeks now and >100 information updates are pending. Ooops. But first, I need to put something in my tummy.

This was last night's dinner: Grilled portabello mushrooms with tomatoes, pickles and spicy mustard on ciabatta rolls.


Tonight I think I'll have pie again. Possibly just apple pie, but perhaps I'll make a pear-apple pie. (If you're curious, the gray speckles on the fruit are actually dirt stuck in the insecticidal soap residue. So the rather unattractive fruit on the tree or table cleans up really well!)

Comments

Popular Posts