Summer wardrobe? Winter wardrobe?

Based on conversations heard at work and on stuff I've seen on "reality" television, I must be just about the only girl on the planet who doesn't have multiple seasons of wardrobe. I don't switch my clothes twice a year with the opposite season. I just have clothes. All of them fit in my closet at the same time. When I have more clothes than fit in my closet, I get rid of the older stuff that I no longer wear. I don't divide the clothes up into seasons. I wear nearly all the same clothes year round. All the same pants. All the same shirts. I might wear fewer sweaters in the summer, but I've been known to put a cardi on over a t-shirt in order to combat the evil air conditioning at work.

I do, however, have recipes that I mostly only cook in winter or summer. Does that count?

Humidity Has Arrived
So, it rained yesterday. Then the sun came out and got the temperature up to 80+ degrees. Then it rained again while it was that warm. By the end of the day it was steamy. I broke down and turned on the air conditioning. I'd hoped to hold out until at least June, but alas it's not to be this year. The optimist in me says the humidity will drop a bit and I'll be able to turn the A/C off for a while. The realist points out that it's going to rain every day between now and Friday so the odds of humidity decreasing are pretty small.

Making Plans
I wrote up a nice long list of things to do this weekend, most of which involved working outside. Now the outdoor stuff is on hold due to rain and I am not terribly interested in working on the indoor stuff. Perhaps I'll start with a little knitting and brain melting mindless television, then move on to the ironing and folding of the laundry. I'll clean the shower when I'm in it cleaning myself. (I've always found that to be the easiest way to clean a bathtub since I always splash myself badly anyway.) Today's "frog" will be paying bills, cleaning the miscellaneous papers out of my backpack and then filing, throwing away or otherwise dealing with those papers. For now I just want to be a giant slug on the couch. Perhaps some strawberry shortcake will liven me up. Eventually I'll get bored of being a lazy slug and just get the work done, probably around lunchtime.

Comments

Popular Posts