You Knew I was Crazy, Right?

As you might imagine, my work world has gotten a wee bit hectic with the new novel influenza outbreak that is going on. There's a pretty good chance that the WHO will declare pandemic alert level 6 in the next couple days. So far no cases in the neck of the woods where I am, but that's subject to change at any time. No panicky clearing out of the grocery stores either, unless you count the completely decimated supply of diet Pepsi.

So, why am I crazy this week? For starters, I'm still getting to the gym before work for my morning mighty endomorphin fix. I'm having less caffeine than usual and I'm even more hyper than usual, probably because I have things to do. Ever seen a golden retriever with a nice big stick to carry? Yep. That's me.

And tonight I signed up for Twitter. Why would I do that, you ask? So I can follow the CDC. *sigh* Yes, it's true folks. I'm a nerd.

Now I have to learn Twittiquette. <-- Like the new word I just made up? Twitter etiquette. Twittiquette. I haven't a clue how the silly thing works and I've decided I probably shouldn't Tweet until I figure at least a little bit out. And then I'll add a Twitter thingie to the blog. Maybe.

Update 4/30/09: Turns out that Twittiquette is already a "word". And here I thought I was being all clever. Obviously that was the tired talking. :-)

Pictures Coming Soon
I planted a bunch o' stuff in my garden this weekend (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, onions, dill, pineapple sage, kale, lettuce, radishes). The blackberries and raspberries are starting to bloom. The roses, irises and daisies are blooming. Things are looking quite springlike. There are dozens of toads hanging out in the yard, flowerbeds and garden too. I've even seen a lizard or two. If I get home at a reasonable hour between now and Saturday and still have mental capacity left after cooking dinner and/or doing laundry and cleaning house, I'll get some pics up for ya.

TMI Trivia
My sister informs me that it's possibly a bad thing to go for ten hours without needing to pee. It doesn't seem to count that I had a friend pee for me twice since he was going anyway. This is apparently not a task you can either outsource or delegate. Bummer. I'll be sure to text her the next time I'm in the bathroom.

Comments

Popular Posts