I Am Such a Wimp

I have already turned on the heat in my house. I had thought that I would not run the heat until at least November, but it didn't work that way. It was in the upper 50s to lower 60s today, as it has been much of the past week or two. It will be in the 40s tonight. It's in the upper 60s in the house. I just don't like being cold. Yes, I can put on a sweater and wrap my mohair wrap (garage sale find for $1 years ago!) around my shoulders, but when my hands ache and my nose is cold, I have to draw a line. I imagine the cold feelings today are exacerbated by the rain outside. The office has been absolutely frigid lately too, with temps probably in the upper 60s because the heating system there is a bit wonky and unreliable. I spend a lot of my work days wearing a fleece jacket and running a space heater. It makes me tired and irritable, though I do drink extra amounts of decaf green tea or peppermint tea, which is probably good for me.

Yummy Pie!
I ate at the Fish Hut today. The special was fried pork chops with 3 veggies (from a choice of 7 or 8). I decided to have a veggie plate, which worked out great since they were out of pork chops at the time anyway so I didn't have to explain so much to the guys I was with that I don't eat meat (I didn't really feel like essplaining things today). I ate boiled cabbage, green beans and fried green tomatoes. Oh my! The tomatoes were *delicious*. I haven't had fried green tomatoes in over a year and these were wonderful. They were breaded with cornmeal and deeply browned. The cornmeal added a bit of crunch to the sweetness of the tomatoes.

Dessert was your choice from an assortment of pies and cakes. My dining companions chose coconut cream pie and I chose chocolate cream pie. Both had meringue and were served warmed, which I hadn't expected. A bite of the coconut pie was shared with me. It was *DELICIOUS*! The coconut in the filling tasted like they'd toasted it before adding it in. If I eat there again, I'll definitely get the coconut pie.

Still No Shopping
I actually brought the grocery list sticky note with me today. And then I was too tired and unwilling to deal with the rainy traffic backups at the end of the day. We've been really really busy at work the past week and a half. I just didn't have the mental energy to deal with either fighting traffic on the roads or at the store, so I went straight home. I haven't decided if I even want to try again tomorrow or just bag it for Saturday. At this point, I probably ought to bag it until Saturday since the list has probably changed or needs things added to it over the past week.

Working Out
I didn't get to the gym today since I went in to work an hour early, but I did workout a bit at home and was rather pleasantly surprised to find my stamina and cardio capacity is much improved over six months ago. Yay! It's always good to find out that all the effort and getting up extra early has actually accomplished something. That greatly helps with my motivation.

Comments

Popular Posts