It's a Triple w00t! Day!

First, I had a great workout and even made a friend while at the gym. The guy on the next treadmill struck up a conversation with me. Turns out he's a retired surgeon. We chatted a bit about medicine, changes in town in the past 40 years and traveling. He and his wife visit one of their kids in Boston and another in Atlanta fairly regularly. He also guessed that I was probably a midwesterner, based upon my diction.

Second, I had an excellent project conference call today and it looks like the three of us project folks will work together quite well. We ought to get the first leg of the project underway in the next 2 weeks. All three of us are quite excited.

Thirdly, this evening I made an apple pie with apples I picked from my very own apple tree. I had intended to have pie for dinner, but by the time it cools properly, it'll actually be bed time. I completely forgot to include any flour or cornstarch with the apples, so it's going to be really juicy. I added a bit of sugar, plus some cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg to the fruit, then dusted cinnamon-sugar over the top crust. It'll make a yummy dinner the rest of the week. The house is redolent with apple pie aroma.

If I Had a Million Bucks...

I'd pay off all my debt, fund my retirement and then I'd spend a chunk of it at Title 9 Sports. I love the colors and the quality of their products. It's just the right combination of function, style and whimsy, plus the "models" are actual active, athletic women, not stick models. Not only do I want the clothes, I look at the women as role models of a sort. The only downside is that they're a bit pricey for my budget, but if I save my clothing budget pennies, I can afford an occasional pair of pants or a sweater. In the meantime, I flip through the catalog or website and drool.

So Much For Plans....
I had every intention of weeding flower beds after work today. Alas, the a wave of rainstorms courtesy of Fay came roaring through just as work let out. So now I'm filling my brain with Star Trek: Next Generation and knitting. It feels somehow decadent to be avoiding work, though I did already get my work clothes for tomorrow ironed and hung up in the car. My gym bag is packed and ready to go as well. (Can you tell that I'm excited to go to the gym at 5:30 in the morning?)

Comments

Stefaneener said…
Oh my. Title 9. Yum yum yum. Maybe next year I'll get a skort. Sounds like fun.

Popular Posts