Meme! Meme! Meme!

Ok, a while back, Gecko tagged me for a meme. I'm finally getting around to responding. Here's the deal: Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 people and link to them. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged. Now, I don't like to just tag random folks, so I'll let those of you who read my blog(s) tag yourselves and, should you choose to play along, post your 7 random things wherever you'd like.

Morenna's 7 Random Things:
  • I dislike chocolate, but I just made a batch of dark chocolate truffles and a batch of mint truffles to give away at work.
  • I've been an EMT for >14 years.
  • At some point in my life, I broke my right ankle, though it wasn't diagnosed until much later (thanks to a bad sprain when snowboarding). The ankle works just fine although I sometimes "click" when I walk.
  • I own two bicycles, two motorcycles and five computers.
  • In the winter, I preheat my bed with my electric blanket.
  • I once got lost in one of the Smithsonian museums. My hypothesis is that my parents were going too slowly, so I wandered ahead. (Note to grown-ups: 3 year olds don't stay to read the signs.) I also got lost at Disneyland, but in that case I stayed in the same place, watching Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day over and over again while the GROWN-UPS wandered off. I figure that makes us even. :-)
  • Until I went to college, I had never lived in a single place more than 3 years.
The Book Meme
I didn't actually get tagged for this one, but it sounded cool, so I'm playing along anyway. You open a book you're currently reading to page 161, and copy out sentence five. Here are my sentences:
  • "Let me tell you about paranoid," Shaftoe says, and he does, not forgetting to mention Lieutenant Ethridge and his wastebaskets. From Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson.
  • Because while change is not always growth, growth is always rooted in change. From The Orc King by R.A. Salvatore.
  • I watched them ferrying equipment up and down the stairs and decided that the most effective way to take over a country was not to bomb them at all, but to send Reality TV crews. From (Not That You Asked) by Steve Almond.
  • Return to your text editor and the sidebar.html file. From CSS the Missing Manual by David Sawyer McFarland.
  • gs -dNOBIND (it's a computer command) From Linux in a Nutshell by Siever, et al.
  • "However, there was also a dragon, who offered to trade that name for his own, to be rid of me; and I have thought that, where mages argue, dragons may be wise." From A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin.
So that's all I got for today. I did get in a pretty good workout though, so that's good. Now I think I'll go crawl into my preheated bed and read one of my books. I need to dig up my rant notes from the past week and get them organized.

Comments

Popular Posts