Solstice

The beginning of summer was today as is the beginning of shorter days. The weather turned out to be particularly hot and humid.

Various work things:
Still no word about the "new" job. This is making it rather hard to make plans for finding a house and for securing a loan. I am planning to go house shopping next week. I am really nervous about this. I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't know that I should even go do that since the job isn't officially mine yet. I don't want to waste the time and money if there's no point. I just don't know whether or not there is a point.

At the current job, the not-so-favorite person doesn't say much to me or even seem to notice I exist. Rather a distinct change from a year ago, isn't it. I can just imagine the lovely things he says about me when I'm not around. I keep reminding myself that T rather spontaneously said he was going to hell for how he treats people, so it's not just me that's noticed the change in behavior/personality. Then again, perhaps this is what he's really like and what I saw before was just an act.... Hmmm.....That's food for thought...

Packing and moving:
I have some things packed. Like half of my filing cabinet. I've decided to go buy some more boxes tomorrow and get my fleeces boxed up and out of the living room. I have book boxes here to pack things with. I just don't want to have to live in an apt stacked high with boxes for the next two months. I think that will drive me nuts, but I don't know that I have any choice. I really don't know where to start with the packing. Everywhere I look is stuff that will have to be packed up. Logic indicates that I start with stuff I'm not likely to use in the next two months and that's pretty much everything. I don't need much to live off of. Guess I should go to the U-Haul store and buy a big stack of boxes tomorrow and get cracking.

Tired, stressed and overwhelmed feeling mostly. Ugh.

My "Projects":
I have decided on what my personal projects will be. The first is to finish the knitting projects I've started in the past several years. By the end of the summer I *will* finish sewing up the cotton polo top I knit ten years ago but never got around to sewing up. All that remains is the assembly of the silly thing. I've got two sweaters of my own design in progress (the Blueberries pullover and the blue multi pullover). Plus an orange tank top (started >5 years ago), a gray funnel neck (also started >5 years ago), a green ski sweater, Jo's black/white sweater (started 10 years ago), navy Steam scarf, the purple vest, the recycle silk purse, the cottage tea cozy from Knitter's Stash, red lace socks, gray ribbed socks, "fruity" lacy socks, baby Norgi and three baby sweaters needing buttons or seaming or both. And then there's the couple of pairs of handknit socks that need toes lengthened or darned. That should keep me busy for a while. My "reward" will be to start the Peacock Shawl or one of the other sweater kits I have stashed away for me. But first, I want to finish at least 75% of the UFOs I have already.

Second project: writing up a book proposal. I've already started this one. It's easy enough to outline the format at work. The actual research will take some time. I figure I can get several chapters written, then get a proposal put together and start sending it out. I'll keep you all posted on how things go.

Well, time to find some more tylenol. I've had a headache most of the day that won't quit. Maybe it's the weather.

Comments

C. H. Green said…
I've just finished writing my first novel and am working on the proposal now. Where's your new job? Hope it's all you want it to be. You will love Tennessee.

Popular Posts