Back in the South again...

My latest adventure has centered around finding a house to buy. Today we made a list of houses and checked out the neighborhoods of more than a dozen. We have narrowed down the list to half a dozen houses. Tomorrow we'll go see the insides of the houses and then I need to pick one of them so I can make an offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I pick a good one. I think my realtor will offer some good advice. He's been quite helpful so far, showing me the various neighborhoods and telling me about their characteristics. He just doesn't know that I need to make an offer SOON so that I can close by early August. By the end of the weekend, I'll be on my way to buying my very first house!


My Penultimate Adventure:
On the trip down, I took a bit of a detour. I didn't do it intentionally, but it turned out quite well. I had a bit of a scenic trip through part of the Shawnee National Forest and ended up in Metropolis. Yes that's right, the home of Superman!


My Latest Adventure:
Also involved getting lost. I attempted to find Humboldt, TN. By driving out Old Humboldt Road. Which probably would have worked, if Old Humboldt Road actually went to Humboldt. I would have known this if I'd had a map at the time.... I did eventually find my way back, albeit by using some roads which go in loops. I knew which general direction in which to go. The problem was that not all the roads I chose went the direction I needed them to go. I did, however, drive past several very nice farms. Found a couple of roads that might work nicely for bicycle rides. And found a couple of really nice estate-type houses. Eventually I will own a large house on 5-10 acres. I really will. That would give me room for a pony, just like Hyacinth's sister. :o)

DINNER!!
I had another smoked turkey panini at Jason's Deli again. And once again, the staff were unfailingly polite. I really like that place. I am starting to think that exceptional politeness is required of the staff there, except that the woman who was the cashier at Books A Million was every bit as polite. Maybe I just caught everybody having an exceptionally good, polite day. Or maybe it's just a sign that the people in Illinois are just all crabby and rude and a lot less polite.

Now it's time to go veg for a while and then to bed. Right now I'm watching The Breakfast Club. Tomorrow I'll go open a bank account at the credit union. Woo woo! This whole job and move thing is becoming more and more real as the days go by.... :o)

Comments

C. H. Green said…
Humboldt is my home town. Actually we lived in Crockett County, two miles out of town. You probably passed the home where I grew up out in your trek. Windy City Road is the road that you turn on that takes you straight into Humboldt across the levee. Did you find my home church, Gregory's Chapel Assembly of God? If you passed it, Humboldt is about four miles past it. Welcome to Tennessee! Stop by my blog sometime.
Anonymous said…
First, I want to tell you Welcome to Tennessee. I live on a farm near Jackson in Denmark. The people here are in general polite and friendly. I hope you have a safe and easy move.
Best Wishes,
Debby

Popular Posts