MmmmMMMMMMmmmMMMMM!

YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY!

Look what I "found" in my backyard today. And I have the scratches on my arms as a "souvenier" for when the berries are devoured. I picked about 2 cups of black raspberries this evening. I tried to be good, but still ate almost half of them. There should be another 1 to 1 1/2 cups ready tomorrow. Perhaps I'll make some raspberry pancakes for dinner... In any event, I'll have some berries on my Cheerios in the morning. YUM! YUM! YUM!




In other news:
Not much else to report, I'm afraid. Work was rather uneventful. The Hispasian and I tried valiantly to find a garage sale to go to, but were unsuccessful. We did go to the Dollar Store and discovered the entire building had no air conditioning. It was beastly hot inside. I bought some Cracker Jacks.

You know it's a good day when....
You get not one, not two, but THREE prizes in your Cracker Jacks. I initially only found two prizes, so I gave one to The Hispasian. He got a pencil topper with a scary space alien on it. I got some sort of monster mouth that opens when you pinch the paper just right. I was, I'll admit, mostly unable to get it to work right. It did, however, come with a couple of really bad jokes printed on it, which I'll share with you shortly. The third prize is a picture of Benjamin Franklin with some info on the back about what he accomplished. Pretty cool, huh? :o)

The Jokes:

What sort of thing do planets like to read?
Comet books.

What did the aliens say to the plant?
Take me to your weeder.

Ok, so they're not stunningly brilliant jokes, but I bet they made you smile. :o)

Elsewhere today:
The weather today was much cooler. I haven't even turned on my A/C today. Woot! It's quite cool out this evening and is supposed to get down into the lower 60s. I can't wait to sleep with the window open and the fan blowing on me.

Knitting this week:
I made about one more inch of progress in my alpaca scarf. A few weeks ago I tore out several inches due to a dropped stitch and other mistakes. I made a boo-boo about two rows ago. I left it all sitting on the couch.

While at Mom's house last weekend, I worked on my red lace socks. I tore it back from halfway down the foot to the beginning of the gusset. I had managed to miss a line of the lace right at the ankle joint. Right where I'd notice it every time I looked at my foot. And where it would show above a pair of clogs or Birkies. So I ripped out several inches of rather fiddly (to me) lace. And started it again. So far, so good and no errors. I think I've ripped out that section three times now. I haven't looked at them since.

On the schedule for next week:
I have the week off. I should go house shopping. I have not yet managed to apply for loan pre-approval. I also have not contacted a real estate agent. This is largely because I'm afraid of starting the process before I get an officially approved job offer. Perhaps I'll take a second week off in July. I suppose I could go down there next week just to play tourist and look around a bit.... I dunno. I could also just pack some more stuff.

Mitch update:
He's back from his Spy School Meeting. Where he saw lots of people with lovely automatic weapons and had to get special clearance to go climbing around the catwalks of the convention center. Of course, that was mostly because there was a Special Ops conference going on and had *nothing* whatsoever to do with his meetings for SC06. But it sure sounds cool, doesn't it? It's not every day that you crawl around the catwalks of a convention center and find a well-dressed, clean-cut man with a briefcase that contains an MP-5. On the other hand, any purse snatchers are likely to be shot. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts