R&R weekend

Chillin....
Mostly. I actually need to clean up my apartment a bit. And finish up some laundry. And wash dishes. And sort through some stuff that's been piling up at home.

Slept late today. I had the lights turned out by 10, I think. Woke up about 7am. Got up, cleaned up the kitchen a bit. Decided against going to the farmer's market (can't think of anything I wanted or needed to buy there). Took a shower and read for a while. Now I'm watching Bruce Almighty and planning how to clean up/de-clutter my apartment.

Discovered my rhubarb pie has started to go moldy. Icky. Of course, I didn't exactly need to eat an entire pie all by myself.

Future plans:
I've been reading a book entitled Unforgettable Journeys to Take Before You Die. It describes a number of trips that look very interesting. Like making a tour out of places in Antonio Gaudi's life in Spain. A number of buildings he designed are in Barcelona. Sagrada Familia is probably the one people have seen the most pictures of, but it's not my favorite. Personally, I like Casa Batllo and La Pedrera.

Or follow the Silk Road through China to Samarkand (that's in Uzbekistan, in case you were wondering). That journey involves passing through the Taklimakan (the Place of No Return), in the Xinjiang Province. Looks like a heck of a gorgeous drive. Taking the Trans-Mongolian Railway. Visiting Myanmar. The Swedagon Pagoda is pretty impressive looking in photos. There is a cruise on the boat "Road to Mandalay" that takes 7 days round trip. Follow the pilgrimage roads to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. I studied that building in a couple of architectural history courses. It's one of my favotie bits of gothic architecture. The most popular pilgrimage route is known as the Camino Frances. It starts at Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France (800 km away). They estimate the walk takes about 5 weeks, but anybody walking over 100km gets a certificate of completing a pilgrimage. A tall-ship voyage would be fun too, perhaps in the Mediterranean.

At any rate, the book got me thinking about what I want to do with myself once I get a "real" job and might have some spending money. I've decided I'd like to go visit the places I've always wanted to see. Like Italy and China. Go snowboarding again. Now if only the job part would cooperate....

De-crufting:
I'm going through the miscellaneous piles of crap and tossing out all sorts of stuff. I have a tendency to hold on to scraps of paper with notes written all over them. I'm filling up recycling bins with extraneous bits of things. I'm throwing stuff in the garbage too. Too many little things piling upon on me. I'm being overwhelmed by stuff. Things I've been meaning to read, to get back to, to work on, etc. Stuff that I've never managed to get to. Things that just pile up and nothing ever happens, but it all has a hold on me. It all hangs over my head. So now it's all going away. I'm tired. I've lost my patience. If I haven't used it or thought about it in the last year, then it's gone.

Comments

Popular Posts