And the winner is....

Apparently me. :o) As you recall, I was named the Volunteer of the Year at the PD. The awards banquet was last night. I wasn't able to attend due to being at work. But several co-workers asked me if I was the person mentioned on the news when they announced the officer, employee and volunteer of the year. Today at the PD when I went in to work, I found out that *both* local TV stations were at the banquet and at least one of them wanted to interview me. So, today they gave me the plaque and one of the floral centerpieces. Right now it's sitting on my coffee table. Very nice. The chief also stopped by to say congrats and thank you.

The Omen
Went to see The Omen today with Tom the Hispasian. It wasn't too bad. In fact, it was a whole lot better than I expected. It got a bit long and dragged a bit in the middle, but overall it was pretty good. I knew what the overall plot was for the film, but the actual execution kept me guessing in places, which was fun. I was really thinking they'd succeed in offing the evil child, but alas.... On the other hand, the movie did indicate that evil will arise from the political world. Then again, it did not rule out the finding of evil in any other profession, so I suppose you can't exactly rule out everything else as being/having evil.

On the road toward employment...
Finally got my transcript faxed off. It only took 35 minutes for the silly thing to give me back a confirmation notice. But the Kinko's guys were fun, so that was ok. And at least the silly thing is there. So now all that remains is the official approval from the central office.

Talked to the mortgage person at the local credit union today. I got an estimate of how much house I can afford. She also gave me some general first-time buyer info and answered my questions on how to avoid getting scammed in the financing process. To top it all off, she offered to serve as a second opinion if something seems goofy with the mortgage/buying process. And my sister sent me her mortgage guy info. He can originate home loans in other states, so that's a financing option. I may try for a credit union that's in the new city first.

Comments

Popular Posts