EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

It's a Birthday Party!! Apparently the statue at the library is celebrating its first birthday.



Here's the latest news:
My new job is now officially mine. I have an official start date of August 16th. I'd have picked the 14th, but the 16th is actually the start of the pay period.

So now all I need to do is find a house, buy a house and move. How hard can that be?

From the past weekend:
There was a SAA fly-in at Frasca Field. Mr.
Frasca had all of his "toys" out and so did his friends. I didn't see the Zero, but the P-40 was there in all her glory.
And the Corsair and the Spitfire.


















Plus a plane whose tail had been signed by Paul Tibbets, the captain of the Enola Gay.







There were fly-bys at a couple hundred feet too which was a lot of fun to watch and hear. I didn't get to see any of the WWII birds fly, but it was really cool to just see them up close.
At work:
This past weekend, I worked with Tom and with Doug. Tom and I had a patient who probably had another stroke. Doug and I had a patient who OD'd on heroin and benzodiazepines. It wasn't clear at the end of the day if the patient had fried his brain, so was unable to respond after getting two doses of Narcan or if the extra benzos were keeping him down after the heroin was neutralized. I'd bet on the former.

Remind me to tell you about how it's a good thing to be a hedgehog. :o)

Getting ready for the moving:
I'm exhausted. I finished the mortgage pre-approval stuff. Haven't yet called the realtor Christie recommended. I desperately need to make a list of things to do to finish up here and then to get started in Jackson.

I think I'll drive down to Jackson tomorrow and check out the neighborhoods for a day or two. Maybe I'll get myself another sandwich at Jason's Deli. I still remember how delicious that was. I also need to track down the locations of the following: the Farmer's Market, the library and Pringles Park (Home of the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx).


Comments

Twitchh said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Twitchh said…
Congratulations on the new job, Mary! Woowoo!!

Have a safe trip to check out houses -- Good luck with everything!

Woot!! :-)

(Excellent pictures -- Thanks for sharing these.)

(And happy birthday to the statue!)

Popular Posts